70pc Chinese men ‘dissatisfied with their sex lives’October 28th, 2010 - 6:10 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 28 (ANI): A new survey has revealed that a mere 0.5 percent Chinese men are satisfied with their sex lives.
Almost 70 percent of the interviewees said they had sex two to five times per month, the China Daily reports.
“The frequency of sex for men in Western countries is between two and five times a week,” said Zhang Yilan, an official from the Chinese Medical Development Research Council, which conducted the survey.
She said the survey had set 100 as the maximum for satisfaction from sex.
“Seventy percent of men rated their satisfaction under 60. If we take 60 as a pass score, it means that 70 percent of men failed. I was surprised by that,” Yilan said.
The survey also found that only 1 percent of respondents underwent sexual health checkups once a year. Nearly 70 percent of respondents said they would not even talk to doctors about problems with their sex lives.
Wang Xiaofeng, a doctor from Peking University People’s Hospital, said that, nationwide, one in three men display some symptoms of erectile dysfunction (ED) and the rate among men who were older than 40 was 40 percent.
“ED will surely decrease the satisfaction from sex for both men and women and it has became a problem among Chinese men,” Xiaofeng said.
Men aged between 30 and 50 are the largest group with ED in China but, in the US, the problem is most common among men who are older than 75.
About half of the respondents said their sexual performance was hampered by pressure from work and by feeling nervous. Nearly 70 percent of them said they did not sleep well and easily became tired.
“Men are under heavy pressure and only a few of them are strongly aware of their health condition,” said Dr Liu Xiuzhi. (ANI)
- Chinese unhappy with sex life, blame it on work - Oct 28, 2010
- Staggering 26 pct of Chinese men suffer from erectile dysfunction - Jul 12, 2010
- One in four Chinese men impotent: Study - Jul 12, 2010
- Popping too many pills ruins bedroom performance - Nov 15, 2011
- Diabetes impairs but does not halt sex among older adults with the disease - Aug 27, 2010
- Therapy boosts sexual function in sleep disorder patients - Jun 25, 2012
- Only 20 percent Russians happy with their sex life - Apr 07, 2012
- 'Great sex strongly linked to one's overall satisfaction with life' - Apr 11, 2010
- 'Leftover' Chinese singles are in the grip of depression - Feb 12, 2011
- Diabetic women less likely to be sexually satisfied - Jul 26, 2012
- 29 pc of Malaysian men suffer from premature ejaculation: Study - Nov 09, 2010
- Obesity 'harms sexual health' - Jun 16, 2010
- Common hair loss drugs 'may impair men's sexual health' - Mar 19, 2011
- Chinese are 8 years older than real age - May 17, 2012
- 70 percent Chinese have pre-marital sex: Study - Apr 10, 2012
Tags: china daily, chinese men, dr liu, health condition, interviewees, largest group, medical development research, men and women, New Delhi, new survey, peking university, respondents, s hospital, sexual health, sexual performance, survey also found that, symptoms of erectile dysfunction, three men, western countries, yilan