70 couples tie nuptial knot at mass marriage ceremony in Andhra PradeshAugust 15th, 2010 - 6:10 pm ICT by ANI
Hyderabad, Aug.15 (ANI): About 70 couples tied the nuptial knot at a mass marriage ceremony in Hyderabad on Saturday (Aug.14).
The ‘Kalyanamasthu’ or, the marriage ceremony was organised by Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD), the governing body that manages the revered Tirupati temple shrine in the state.
This is the 6th phase of mass marriage service organised by the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam.
The couples alos received blessings from Andhra’s Chief Minister K. Rosaiah.
“It is our love marriage. We fell in love four years ago and after convincing our parents we have married today…it’s my good fortune that we have been married and I consider myself to be very lucky,” said Shyam, a groom.
“We have done love marriage. Our parents have rejected us, that’s why we have proceeded to marry here”.
“We are very happy we got this opportunity,” said Vardhaman, another groom.
Mass marriages are popular among couples belonging to poor families, as traditional ceremonies have turned quite expensive for many families and they find it too difficult to afford. (ANI)
- TTD to conduct mass marriages in US - Apr 04, 2012
- Mass marriages in Andhra; 12,000 enter into wedlock - May 20, 2011
- 7,600 couples marry at Andhra Pradeshs famous Tirumala temple - Nov 04, 2008
- 38 couples tie the knot at inter-caste mass wedding in Agra - Jun 10, 2012
- President to open Sri Venkateswara college's 50th year bash - Aug 11, 2010
- President offers prayers at Tirupati - Jul 07, 2011
- 10 arrested near Tirumala temple - Jul 08, 2011
- Tirumala temple shut for lunar eclipse - Jun 16, 2011
- Tirupati temple to decide on Janardhana Reddy's offering - Sep 09, 2011
- Tirupati temple deposits 1,175 kg gold with SBI - Feb 11, 2011
- Sri Lankan president prays at Tirupati temple for team's victory - Apr 02, 2011
- Cricket lovers marry with bats and balls in hand! - Feb 26, 2011
- President Mukherjee's first official visit to Chennai, Tiruputi - Sep 07, 2012
- Act sought against Jagan for flouting temple rules - May 03, 2012
- Action sought against Jagan over Tirupati row, YSR party hits back (Lead) - May 03, 2012
Tags: blessings, chief minister, couples, good fortune, governing body, hyderabad, jyoti, love, marriage, marriage ceremony, marriage service, nuptial knot, parents, poor families, temple shrine, tirupati devasthanam, tirupati temple, traditional ceremonies