38 ministers take oath in English, 21 in HindiMay 28th, 2009 - 6:13 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, May 28 (ANI): Fifty nine ministers took their oath in English and Hindi at a solemn ceremony in Rashtrapati Bhavan on Thursday.
President Pratibha Patil administered oath of office to 38 ministers in English and 21 ministers in Hindi.
The 59 ministers will now join Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and 19 other Cabinet Ministers.
The 38 ministers who took their oath in English were: Farooq Abdullah, Dayanidhi Maran, A Raja, Mallikarjun Kharge, M S Gill, G K Vasan, Pawan Kumar Bansal, M K Alagiri, Praful Patel, Prithviraj Chavan, Sriprakash Jaiswal, Jairam Ramesh, Srikant Jena, E Ahamed, V Narayanasamy, Mullapally Ramachandran, Jyotiraditya Scindia, D Purandeswari, K H Muniyappa, Ajay Maken, Panabaka Lakshmi, M M Pallam Raju, Saugata Ray, S S Palanimackam, A Sai Prathap, Gurudas Kamat, K V Thomas, Dinesh Trivedi, Sisir Adhikari, Sultan Ahmed, Mukul Roy, Chowdhary Mohan Jatua, D Napolean, S Jagathrakshakan, S Gandhiselvan, Praneet Kaur, Prateek Prakashbapu Patil, R P N Singh, Shashi Tharoor and Vincent Pala.
The, 21 ministers who took their oath in Hindi were: Virbhadra Singh, Vilasrao Deshmukh, Selja, Subodhkant Sahay, Mukul Wasnik, Kantilal Bhuria, Salman Khursheed, Dinsha Patel, Krishna Tirath, Namo Narain Meena, Jitin Prasada, Harish Rawat, Bharatsinh Solanki, Mahadev Khandela, Tusharbhai Chaudhary, Sachin Pilot, Arun Yadav, R P N Singh, Pradeep Jain and Agatha Sangma.
The 79-member Union Government reflects a cross section of Indian Society. The ministers come from 21 of India’s 28 states and include representatives from both the Muslim minority and the lower castes. (ANI)
- The new council of ministers after Wednesday's reshuffle - Jan 19, 2011
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's new team - Jul 12, 2011
- New ministers in Manmohan Singh's government - May 27, 2009
- Manmohan Singh readies council of ministers, with personal touch (Roundup) - May 27, 2009
- Manmohan Singh readies council of ministers, with personal touch (Intro Roundup) - May 27, 2009
- 59 new ministers inducted into Union cabinet - May 28, 2009
- 59 new ministers to be sworn in Thursday (Second Lead) - May 27, 2009
- 29 new faces in council of ministers - May 27, 2009
- Manmohan Singh's 78-member council of ministers finalised (Third Lead) - May 27, 2009
- PM, Sonia Gandhi finalise list of ministers ahead of cabinet expansion - May 27, 2009
- Cabinet expansion today - May 28, 2009
- Council of Ministers represents a bend of experience and energy: PM - May 28, 2009
- Manmohan allocates work to all ministers, wants benchmarks set (Second Lead) - May 29, 2009
- Congress takes charge of most economic ministries, DMK's Raja gets IT (Lead) - May 29, 2009
- Portfolios of Manmohan Singh cabinet announced - May 28, 2009
Tags: ajay maken, chowdhary, dayanidhi maran, gurudas kamat, harish rawat, jairam ramesh, jyotiraditya scindia, manmohan singh, pallam raju, pawan kumar, pradeep jain, praful patel, president pratibha patil, prime minister manmohan singh, purandeswari, shashi tharoor, sisir, srikant jena, vilasrao deshmukh, virbhadra singh