Hurricane Fay gaining as it approaches FloridaAugust 18th, 2008 - 1:17 am ICT by David M N James
Tropical storm warnings are about to be issued in South Florida by 5 p.m. today.
The National Hurricane center projects that tropical storm conditions are likely within 24 hours in Florida. The Hurricane center has already mapped out the strategic and projected path for the tropical storm Fay.
South Florida will be hit by gusty winds and heavy rains. The tropical storm path indicate that on Monday afternoon, rain clouds, winds and a deteriorating weather condition will be experienced in Florida tomorrow.
Tuesday might be harrowing, according to the Hurricane Center, the worst of the rain storms will hit Florida, strong storms and winds with a speed of 35 to 45 mph will hit the coast of Florida and the interior and also a very intense cloud gust of up to 60 or 70 mph (mainly from thunderstorms).
Broward and Miami-Dade Counties and Palm Beach will have up to 3 to 5 inches of rain. Current National Hurricane Centre forecasts show Fay strengthening into a hurricane before coming ashore late Tuesday or early Wednesday between Sarasota and Fort Myers, then moving north through the middle of Marion County. These will lead to tropical-force winds in Marion County.
Fay will be category 1 or 2 when it hits. The winds will exceed 100 mph. Hurricane Fay is the first Hurricane to be well monitored as more alerts have been issued to sustain any possible disruption of livelihoods.
This has made the Hurricane center worth of its existence.
- Tropical Storm Matthew May Hit Florida, Says Weather Office - Sep 24, 2010
- Category four hurricane Hilary could threaten Baja California - Sep 24, 2011
- Hurricane Paula battering Cuba's western coast - Oct 14, 2010
- New depression prompts tropical storm warnings in the Caribbean - Aug 21, 2012
- Tropical Storm Jose passes west of Bermuda - Aug 29, 2011
- Bobby Jindal skips Republican convention as storm looms - Aug 28, 2012
- Hurricane Igor to hit northwestern US by Wednesday - Sep 12, 2010
- Tropical Storm Katia forms in the far eastern Atlantic, set to become major hurricane - Aug 30, 2011
- Tropical depression forms in the far eastern Atlantic, may threaten the Caribbean - Aug 29, 2011
- Tropical Storm Aletta forms far off Mexico's Pacific coast, no threat - May 15, 2012
- Tropical Storm Karl to hit Yucatan Peninsula, bringing sustained winds of up to 65 mph - Sep 15, 2010
- Tropical Storm Lee forms in the Gulf of Mexico, heads for Louisiana - Sep 03, 2011
- Tropical Storm Emily forms in the Caribbean, heads for the Dominican Republic - Aug 02, 2011
- Tropical storm forces delay of 9/11 trial - Aug 24, 2012
- Tropical storm Beatriz forms off the Pacific coast of Mexico; hurricane watch issued - Jun 20, 2011