Zoo feeder killed by lionFebruary 14th, 2012 - 6:33 pm ICT by IANS
Johannesburg, Feb 14 (IANS) A 63-year-old man working as a feeder for zoo animals was killed by a female lion in South Africa, police said Tuesday.
The man had worked for nearly 40 years at the Rietkuil zoo in Vredefort of Free State, Xinhua reported.
Police said he was attacked by the lion when he entered the cage to either feed the animal or for cleaning the cage a few days ago.
The man was badly injured and succumbed to his injuries.
On Dec 6, a 23-year-old youth was killed by a three-year-old male lion that climbed over a three-metre-high gate of its enclosure in Leeubank in the same province.
- Caged bear mauls girl in Russia - Aug 27, 2012
- Man eaten alive in tiger enclosure - Jul 11, 2012
- Wolves kill zoo keeper at Swedish zoo - Jun 18, 2012
- Ape injures girl after escaping from zoo - Jul 16, 2012
- Ukranian man to live with lions for five weeks! - Jul 28, 2011
- Leopard, lion die in Bangalore zoo - Oct 24, 2010
- Man eaten by lions after party in South Africa - Nov 01, 2010
- Sweeden's park where wolves killed Zookeeper now offers "wild encounters" to its visitors - Jun 19, 2012
- Snake stolen from Mumbai zoo - May 29, 2011
- Two tigers escape from Guwahati zoo, tranquilised later - Jan 30, 2010
- Delhi Zoo becomes virtual island, agencies pass buck - Sep 11, 2011
- 3-years old girl fearlessly faces down angry lion - Jan 12, 2012
- Ukrainian man to spend 35 days in cage with lion - Aug 04, 2011
- No anthrax at Delhi zoo: Officials - May 02, 2012
- Dangerous Liaisons: Wild cats as trophy pets in UAE (With Images) - Apr 20, 2012