Wolves kill zoo keeper at Swedish zooJune 18th, 2012 - 6:13 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 18 (IANS) A woman keeper at a popular Swedish zoo has died under mysterious circumstances after a group of eight wolves mauled her in their enclosure.
According to police, the 30-year-old entered the wolf enclosure at Kolmarden park all alone at about 11 a.m. Sunday when the incident happened, Daily Mail reported.
Emergency services could not dare enter the enclosure while the woman was struggling to handle the wild animals scratching and tearing her apart, said an official, adding that the could only enter after some time.
The zoo’s wolf enclosure has been a big attraction due to visitors being allowed into the area to pet the animals.
It is, however, yet to be clarified what provoked the animals to attack the woman because the zoo staff said there were no witnesses.
- Sweeden's park where wolves killed Zookeeper now offers "wild encounters" to its visitors - Jun 19, 2012
- Wolves kill wildlife park worker - Jun 18, 2012
- Teacher mauled in freak attack in Alaska - Mar 15, 2010
- Leopard mauls croc keeper to death in China zoo - Jul 19, 2012
- Five Blackbucks found dead at Rajkot zoo - Feb 01, 2010
- Ape injures girl after escaping from zoo - Jul 16, 2012
- Indian zoos to be graded on performance - Apr 10, 2012
- Chimpanzee asks people to free him at Wales Zoo - Aug 03, 2012
- Two tigers escape from Guwahati zoo, tranquilised later - Jan 30, 2010
- Zoo not right place for animals, says Anoushka Shankar (With Image) - May 05, 2011
- Zookeepers in China eat monkey meat - Apr 15, 2010
- State officials kill the 2 wolves that had killed an Alaskan teacher - Mar 20, 2010
- Polar bear dies from zebra virus - Aug 18, 2012
- Five tiger cubs die in Odisha's Nandankanan zoo - Nov 18, 2011
- Coolers, sheds, mangos...beating summer blues at Delhi Zoo - May 09, 2012