Windy morning in Delhi, rains expectedAugust 13th, 2012 - 12:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 13 (IANS) With parts of the city receiving light rains overnight, it was a windy morning in the capital Monday. The Met office has said the city will get showers later in the day.
“The skies will be cloudy and some parts will receive rains…The maximum temperature will hover around the 34 degrees Celsius mark,” said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
Monday’s minimum temperature was 26.8 degrees Celsius, average for this time of the season while humidity at 8.30 a.m. was 79 percent.
The capital received a total of 1.5 mm of rainfall from 8.30 a.m. Sunday to 8.30 a.m. Monday.
According to the IMD, Delhi’s rainfall deficit was 57 percent.
Sunday’s maximum temperature was two notches above average at 35.2 degrees Celsius while the minimum was 25.4 degrees Celsius, a notch below average.
- Rainy day for Delhi - Jul 31, 2012
- Hot, sweltering day for Delhi - Jun 28, 2012
- Cloudy day in Delhi, light showers expected - Jul 28, 2012
- Heavy rains expected in Delhi - Aug 14, 2012
- Light rain expected in Delhi - Sep 10, 2012
- Sultry morning in Delhi, rain likely - Sep 09, 2012
- Cloudy day in Delhi, rains expected Sunday (Lead) - Jul 14, 2012
- Cloudy, dusty morning in Delhi - May 17, 2012
- Delhi has a hot and humid Sunday (Lead) - Aug 07, 2011
- Muggy Sunday morning in Delhi, rains likely - Jul 22, 2012
- Heavy rains lash capital on I-Day (Second Lead) - Aug 15, 2011
- Rains again elude Delhi Sunday, likely Monday (Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Thundershowers lash Delhi, more rain predicted (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Light drizzle in Delhi, thunderstorm likely - Apr 10, 2012
- Sunny morning in Delhi, rain likely - May 13, 2012
Tags: humidity, india meteorological department, india meteorological department imd, light rains, maximum temperature, minimum temperature, New Delhi, notch, notches, rainfall deficit, showers, time of the season, windy morning