Wild elephants trample three to death in JharkhandMarch 13th, 2009 - 7:48 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, March 13 (IANS) Three villagers were trampled to death and one person was injured when a herd of wild elephants rampaged through a village in Ramgarh district of Jharkhand Friday, the police said.
The herd of elephants entered Sringasu village of Ramgarh district, around 90 km from here, early Friday morning, attacked the three houses and trampled four people.
“Three people of two families died on the spot. One injured person has been admitted to a local hospital. His condition is serious,” a police officer said.
He said the rampaging elephants also destroyed standing crops.
According to the state forest department, more than 600 people have died in confrontation with herds of wild elephants during the past six years.
- Woman trampled to death by elephants - Jul 22, 2010
- Wild elephants trample man to death in Jharkhand - Dec 03, 2010
- Two killed by jumbos in Jharkhand - Jan 23, 2011
- Herd of wild jumbos kill two in Jharkhand - Jan 04, 2011
- Woman, son killed in tusker attack in Jharkhand - Nov 17, 2010
- Wild tuskers rampage through Chhattisgarh villages, cause panic - Jun 27, 2012
- Tusker tramples four in Bihar - Jul 08, 2012
- Elephant kills five in Jharkhand - Dec 29, 2010
- Elephant tramples Jharkhand official to death - Aug 03, 2010
- Jharkhand's anti-Maoist push drives tuskers wild - Sep 16, 2011
- Chhattisgarh villagers migrate as elephants run amok - Oct 08, 2010
- Rampaging tusker poisoned to death in Jharkhand - Jan 25, 2009
- Elephants from Nepal kill 1, injure eight in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 25, 2010
- 50 Elephants go on rampage and kill one in West Bengal - May 26, 2010
- Wild jumbos cause panic in Chattisgarh village - Mar 26, 2010
Tags: confrontation, friday morning, herd of elephants, herds, jharkhand, local hospital, police officer, rampaging elephants, ranchi, six years, standing crops, state forest department, three houses, two families, wild elephants