Wild buffalo kills elderly manNovember 26th, 2009 - 2:59 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Nov 26 (IANS) A 70-year-old man was killed and a woman critically injured in an attack by a wild buffalo in a Chhattisgarh village, a forest official said Thursday.
Ramjet Sahu succumbed to his injuries Wednesday after the wild buffalo — the state animal of Chhattisgarh — gored him repeatedly in Kasra village of Koria district, some 400 km north of Raipur. The village is surrounded by forests.
Rajesh Kallaje, divisional forest officer, told IANS over phone that the wild buffalo also hit a woman, Phulwasia, 62, and she is battling for life at a local government hospital.
Very few of the endangered wild buffaloes remain in the state. Most of them are in the forests of Raipur district.
- Jumbos kill 26 in Chhattisgarh in one year - Feb 22, 2011
- Angry villagers block road as jumbos run amok - Jun 28, 2010
- Jumbo herd moves in, families flee in Chhattisgarh - Jul 18, 2011
- Chhattisgarh villagers migrate as elephants run amok - Oct 08, 2010
- Jumbos give Chhattisgarh villagers sleepless nights - Dec 20, 2010
- Wild jumbos gatecrash school to party - Aug 31, 2011
- Wild jumbo found dead in Chhattisgarh forest - Nov 03, 2009
- Wild jumbos go on rampage in Chhattisgarh, one killed - Nov 27, 2009
- Lone surviving cop of Maoist attack seeks revenge - Jun 06, 2011
- Man-elephant conflict: Chhattisgarh plans experts' panel - Dec 17, 2010
- Jumbos create havoc in Chhattisgarh village - Feb 02, 2010
- Government hikes compensation amid elephant menace - Jun 29, 2010
- Elephants demolish a dozen houses in Chhattisgarh village - Jan 12, 2011
- Environmentalist raise concern over threat to wild buffaloes - Feb 10, 2010
- Chhattisgarh minister on tour to tackle man-elephant conflict - Nov 17, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,