White tigress found dead in Chhattisgarh zooMay 9th, 2009 - 3:23 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, May 9 (IANS) An 11-year-old white tigress was found dead in a zoo Saturday in Bhilai city of Chhattisgarh, an official said.
The tigress was found dead in Maitri Bagh Zoo in Bhilai in Durg district, about 30 km west of capital Raipur. The zoo is maintained by the Bhilai Steel Plant, the largest public sector unit of the Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL).
“The female tiger, Kaveri, born in July 1998, was found dead in its enclosure Saturday morning,” assistant general manager of Bhilai Steel Plant Horticulture department T.S. Chhatri told IANS.
“The post-mortem has been conducted and primarily it looks as if the tigress was bitten twice by a snake,” he said.
- Two sambars, one deer found dead in Chhattisgarh zoo - Mar 05, 2010
- Five deer found dead in Chhattisgarh zoo - May 13, 2009
- Four tiger cubs born in Chhattisgarh zoo - Jun 22, 2011
- MPs visit SAIL mining site in Chhattisgarh - Jun 04, 2011
- Rush to see Brazilian monkeys at Chhattisgarh zoo - Aug 31, 2009
- Elephant dies at Chhattisgarh zoo - Nov 24, 2011
- SAIL's Bhilai unit bags PM's trophy for 10th time - Jan 13, 2012
- Production at SAIL's Bhilai Steel Plant dips - Apr 10, 2012
- Chhattisgarh to plant six crore saplings this monsoon - Jun 12, 2010
- The only white tigress of Patna zoo dies - Jul 03, 2011
- Fire breaks out at SAIL Chhattisgarh unit - Feb 01, 2010
- SAIL's Bhilai unit records best ever performance - Jan 03, 2010
- Five Blackbucks found dead at Rajkot zoo - Feb 01, 2010
- Fire breaks out at SAIL Chhattisgarh unit, production affected (Lead) - Feb 01, 2010
- Snake stolen from Mumbai zoo - May 29, 2011
Tags: bagh, bhilai steel plant, female tiger, horticulture department, plant horticulture, post mortem, public sector unit, saturday morning, snake, steel authority of india ltd, tiger, white tigress, zoo