Warm day in Delhi (Lead)October 23rd, 2010 - 8:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 23 (IANS) Warm weather was back in the capital Saturday, a day after rain, accompanied by hailstorm, brought welcome coolth to the city. The weather officials predicted clear skies for Sunday.
Delhi recorded a minimum temperature of 20.1 degrees Celsius, three notches above the normal, while the maximum settled at 31.8 degrees Celsius — normal for this time of the season.
The maximum and minimum humidity levels oscillated between 83 and 39 percent.
“It will be a misty morning Sunday but skies will remain clear. The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to settle around 31 degrees Celsius and 19 degrees, respectively,” said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
Delhi witnessed heavy showers accompanied by strong winds and hailstorm Friday evening. The capital received six mm of rainfall between 5.30 p.m. Friday and 8.30 a.m. Saturday.
The total seasonal rainfall has now reached 1,010.2 mm, which is around 62 percent above average.
- Muggy Wednesday, no rain likely till Friday (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Sunny morning in Delhi but rains likely - Oct 23, 2010
- Wet morning in Delhi, hailstorm likely - Mar 03, 2011
- Sweltering Saturday for Delhi, Sunday to be same (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Cloudy morning in Delhi, thunderstorms likely - Apr 10, 2011
- Delhi gets colder as day temperature dips - Oct 31, 2010
- Cloudy morning in Delhi, heavy showers likely - Jul 13, 2012
- Muggy Sunday morning in Delhi, rains likely - Jul 22, 2012
- Mercury rises to 42.7 C in Delhi, Friday to be similar (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Sultry Tuesday, no rain likely till July 19 (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Drizzle in Delhi, more showers likely - Jul 30, 2012
- Cloudy day in Delhi, light showers expected - Jul 28, 2012
- Misty morning in the capital - Nov 08, 2011
- Hot and cloudy Thursday in Delhi, some rains likely Friday (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Muggy morning in Delhi - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: clear skies, friday evening, hailstorm, humidity levels, india meteorological department, india meteorological department imd, minimum temperature, minimum temperatures, misty morning, New Delhi, rain, seasonal rainfall, showers, strong winds, three notches, time of the season, warm weather, weather officials