Warm, cloudy day in Delhi; rains likelySeptember 12th, 2011 - 10:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 12 (IANS) It was a warm, muggy start to the week for the capital Monday with the maximum temperature settling at 34.3 degrees Celsius, the average for the season. The Met department forecast respite Tuesday with “light rainshowers in parts of the city”.
“It is likely to rain in parts of the city Tuesday. The day is likely to remain cloudy,” said an official from India Meteorological Department (IMD).
The maximum humidity recorded was 89 percent, while the minimum stood at 66 percent.
“Maximum and minimum temperature would stay around 34 and 27 degrees Celsius,” the official added.
Minimum temperature recorded Monday was 27.1 degrees Celsius, two notches above the average for the season, giving a warm start to the day.
- Muggy Tuesday in Delhi, rain expected Wednesday (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Hot morning in Delhi, rains expected - Jun 01, 2012
- Muggy day in Delhi, wet Friday expected (Lead) - Jun 30, 2011
- Breezy morning for Delhi, warm day likely - Mar 06, 2012
- Drizzle in parts of Delhi, muggy Tuesday likely (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Muggy morning in Delhi, light rains likely - Jul 24, 2012
- Drizzle in Delhi, more rain likely - Jul 26, 2012
- Hot, rainless day in Delhi, showers expected Sunday (Lead) - Aug 04, 2012
- Hot, muggy Tuesday morning in Delhi - Aug 30, 2011
- Breezy morning gives Delhiites some respite - Jul 04, 2012
- Humid Thursday morning for Delhi, showers expected - Sep 13, 2012
- Rains in Delhi bring down mercury, cause traffic snarls (Second Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Sunny Tuesday morning in Delhi - May 15, 2012
- Muggy day in Delhi, Sunday likely to be wet day (Lead) - Aug 13, 2011
- Scorching Sunday in Delhi, squalls likely (Lead) - Jun 17, 2012