Vaishno Devi got 8.7 million devotees in 2010January 4th, 2011 - 8:01 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Jan 4 (IANS) About 8.7 million devotees visited the Vaishno Devi shrine in Jammu and Kashmir last year.This was conveyed by temple officials to Jammu and Kashmir Governor N.N. Vohra and central Minister of New and Renewable Energy Farooq Abdullah at a meeting here Tuesday.
They were also told that the three tunnels leading to the shrine are illuminated using a solar power plant, which also supplies 5,000 litres of hot water daily.
The shrine now plans to install six more such plants.
The shrine is nestled in the foothills of the Pir Panchal range of the Himalayas, at a height of 5,200 feet above sea level.
- Sreedharan on Vaishno Devi Board - Mar 27, 2012
- Kashmir had record 12 million tourists - Dec 31, 2011
- President visits Vaishno Devi shrine, ends Kashmir visit - Nov 26, 2011
- President arriving in Jammu - Nov 24, 2011
- President to visit Kashmir - Nov 05, 2011
- Weather prevents Dhoni's pre-World Cup Vaishno Devi visit - Feb 06, 2011
- Land slips on Vaishno Devi shrine route to be checked - Feb 12, 2011
- Chidambaram in Jammu, visits Vaishno Devi - Apr 10, 2012
- Heavy rush of pilgrims to Vaishno Devi shrine - May 15, 2012
- CCTVs installed in Vaishno Devi shrine - Jul 27, 2010
- Jammu governor's house gets solar-powered cars - Jan 04, 2011
- Governor reviews Amarnath pilgrimage facilities - Jul 17, 2012
- Now, ropeway for pilgrims to Vaishno Devi shrine - Sep 23, 2011
- Now, e-tickets for chopper ride to Vaishno Devi - Apr 29, 2011
- Chidambaram to pay obeisance at Vaishno Devi - Apr 06, 2012