Unrelenting heat in Delhi, no respite Friday (Lead)June 28th, 2012 - 8:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 28 (IANS) It was a cloudy day in the capital Thursday but the heat remained unrelenting with the maximum temperature five notches above average at 41.6 degrees.
The weather office has forecast a clear, hot Friday.
The minimum temperature was two notches above average at 30.4 degrees Celsius and the humidity levels wavered between a high of 63 and a low of 23 percent.
The India Meteorological Department (IMD) said the mercury will rise further Friday and skies will be clear. It gave no hope of any rain in the next days and there was no word when the monsoon will arrive in the capital.
The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to hover around 42 and 31 degrees Celsius.
Wednesday’s maximum and minimum temperatures were three notches above average at 40.2 degrees and 31 degrees Celsius, respectively.
- Hot Friday for Delhi - Jun 29, 2012
- Hot, dry day in Delhi, mercury to rise Saturday (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Delhi has another hot day, rains expected Sunday (Lead) - Jun 23, 2012
- Hot Wednesday in Delhi, mercury to rise further (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Hot Friday in Delhi, cloudy Saturday likely (Lead) - Mar 30, 2012
- No rains in Delhi Thursday, likely Friday (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Sunny, windy Thursday in Delhi (Lead) - Mar 29, 2012
- Hot day in Delhi, mercury to rise Thursday (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Pleasant, windy day in Delhi (Lead) - Apr 24, 2012
- Hot Thursday in Delhi, similar weather Friday (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- Hot day in Delhi, Sunday to be same (Lead) - Mar 31, 2012
- Hot, sweltering day for Delhi - Jun 28, 2012
- Sultry Friday in Delhi, no rain again (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- Sunny, clear Monday in Delhi, cloudy Tuesday expected (Lead) - May 07, 2012
- Hot, sunny Wednesday in Delhi (Lead) - May 23, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,