Two held with leopard skin in Uttar PradeshNovember 17th, 2011 - 12:13 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Nov 17 (IANS) Two poachers were nabbed with a leopard’s skin in Uttar Pradesh’s Rampur district, police said Thursday.
Kasim and Shaqeel Ahmad, both in their early thirties, were nabbed late Wednesday evening from the Ganj town.
“Acting on a tip-off, we intercepted the two motorcycle-borne youths while they were on their way to Delhi for handing over the leopard’s skin to their clients there,” police inspector Yonous Malik told reporters in Rampur.
Police are yet to ascertain where the leopard was killed.
“Preliminary investigations reveal that the two have been involved in the illegal trade of wildlife for the last four years, and used to operate in Uttar Pradesh. Delhi, Uttarakhand and other states,” he added.
- Two arrested with tiger skins in Varanasi - Jun 11, 2011
- Two poachers held with leopard skins in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 27, 2010
- Poacher held with tiger skin in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 15, 2011
- Two held with fake currency notes - Oct 15, 2011
- Poachers held with leopard skin - Feb 10, 2011
- Poacher held with tiger skins - Nov 17, 2010
- Nepali poacher arrested with leopard skins - Jan 12, 2011
- Two drug peddlers held with heroin worth over Rs.1 crore - Jan 29, 2011
- Three held with 400 tortoises in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 29, 2010
- Three poachers held in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 06, 2011
- Two poachers held with over 40 tortoises - Jan 10, 2011
- Man held with fake currency - Oct 24, 2011
- Two poachers held with deer carcasses in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 16, 2010
- Drug peddler arrested with heroin worth Rs.1 crore - Jul 14, 2010
- Two poachers held with leopard skins in Uttar Pradesh - Mar 06, 2010