TV channels told to take vulgar spots off airJune 10th, 2008 - 10:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 10 (IANS) Outraged by the continuing telecast by some TV channels of the banned Lux-Cozy advertisement, the government Tuesday prohibited the “transmission or re-transmission” of the “vulgar” advertisement from all broadcasting platforms with immediate effect.
Taking a tough stand, the information and broadcasting ministry also advised all channels to be more careful in future in selecting the advertisements’ content.
The channels are also directed to strictly adhere to the advertisement code prescribed under the Cable Television Networks (Regulation) Act, 1995, and rules framed in it so as not to invite further action, the ministry said in a statement here.
Alluding to the “Lux-Cosy undergarment” advertisement that shows a semi-clad male and female model and a dog, the ministry said it was “indecent, vulgar and suggestive”.
The ministry has acted in response to complaints from viewers who have objected to such advertisements.
Last month, the ministry issued an advisory to all entertainment and news channels to pull Frenchie X and Lux-Cozy underwear advertisements off the air.
- Court upholds government notice on TV reality show - Sep 30, 2011
- Fashion Tv banned for showing nude women - Mar 11, 2010
- No diktat, but open to all-party meet on TV content: Soni - Dec 13, 2011
- Government to form watchdog to monitor TV content - Mar 15, 2011
- Bill to digitalise cable TV passed by Lok Sabha - Dec 13, 2011
- TV reality shows content causes concern in regulatory body - Jul 20, 2012
- Withdraw undergarment ad featuring roosters: ASCI - May 23, 2012
- Probe sought into disrupted assembly telecast - Feb 04, 2011
- Consultations on for regulation of news content on television: Ambika Soni - Nov 30, 2009
- Women's commission wants TV content monitored - Nov 19, 2010
- 'Tees Maar Khan', 'Dabangg' dragged to court - Dec 23, 2010
- Court gives 'Bigg Boss' reprieve till Monday - Nov 18, 2010
- FTV banned for nine days for showing topless women - Mar 11, 2010
- Hyderabad police warn channels over telecasting violence - Feb 21, 2011
- Cabinet clears digitisation of TV broadcasts - Oct 13, 2011