Tusker tramples four in BiharJuly 8th, 2012 - 12:59 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, July 8 (IANS) Four people have been trampled to death by a wild elephant in Bihar’s Banka district, an official said.
The tusker came from a forest area in Jharkhand Saturday and attacked people in Jharna village in Banka, Bihar, about 200 km from here. Another person was injured, a forest official said.
The animal also damaged houses and crops, the official added.
Banka is near the Bihar-Jharkhand border.
- Wild tuskers rampage through Chhattisgarh villages, cause panic - Jun 27, 2012
- Herd of wild jumbos kill two in Jharkhand - Jan 04, 2011
- Two killed by jumbos in Jharkhand - Jan 23, 2011
- Woman, son killed in tusker attack in Jharkhand - Nov 17, 2010
- Woman trampled to death by elephants - Jul 22, 2010
- Wildlife guard killed by elephant - Jan 11, 2012
- Wild elephants trample man to death in Meghalaya - Apr 16, 2011
- Elephants demolish a dozen houses in Chhattisgarh village - Jan 12, 2011
- Rampaging tusker poisoned to death in Jharkhand - Jan 25, 2009
- Young techie trampled to death by tuskers near Bangalore - Jul 17, 2012
- Mysore's rogue tuskers whisked away to Bandipur forest - Jun 09, 2011
- Jumbos' terror back to haunt Chhattisgarh tribals - Sep 26, 2011
- One dead as two wild jumbos go berserk in Mysore - Jun 08, 2011
- Wild elephants trample man to death in Jharkhand - Dec 03, 2010
- Chhattisgarh villagers migrate as elephants run amok - Oct 08, 2010