Tsunami to hit US west coast, AlaskaMarch 11th, 2011 - 6:58 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, March 11 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Tsunami waves unleashed by a series of massive earthquakes in north-east Japan Friday are expected to strike the western coast of the US and Alaska, the Alaska Tsunami Warning Center said.
Tsunami warnings have also been issued for Guam, Taiwan, the Philippines, Indonesia, Hawaii and Canada.
At least 30 people are reported to have died in the 8.9-magnitude quake that struck 373 km from the capital Tokyo and triggered tsunamis that swept cars, ships and buildings across swathes of farmland.
- Japan quake toll rises to 61 - Mar 11, 2011
- More quakes forecast in Japan - Mar 11, 2011
- Massive earthquake rocks Japan, tsunami warnings issued - Mar 11, 2011
- Tsunamis strike Japan after enormous earthquakes, casualties reported - Mar 11, 2011
- 60-year-old worker at Japan's quake-hit n-plant dies - May 14, 2011
- Powerful quake off Philippines triggers small tsunami - Aug 31, 2012
- Hundreds dead as devastating quake, tsunami hit Japan (Second Intro Roundup) - Mar 12, 2011
- Japan hit by massive quake, tsunami, 200-300 killed (Roundup) - Mar 11, 2011
- Russian rescuers to search 100 sq km area near Japan's Sendai - Mar 17, 2011
- Tsunami threat to India doesn't exist: Government (Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- Saudi Arabia to build 16 nuclear reactors by 2030 - Jun 01, 2011
- At least 91 dead, scores missing after quake, tsunamis devastate Japan - Mar 11, 2011
- Tsunami damages northern Japan, 10 nations on alert - Mar 11, 2011
- Radiation detected on Japan seabed - Jun 28, 2011
- No tsunami threat to India - Mar 11, 2011
Tags: alaska tsunami warning, alaska tsunami warning center, capital tokyo, dg, east japan, farmland, guam, indonesia, magnitude quake, march 11, massive earthquakes, moscow, philippines, ria novosti, ships, tsunami, tsunami warning center, tsunami warnings, tsunami waves, west coast alaska