Tropical storm Sean could soon become a hurricaneNovember 10th, 2011 - 8:15 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Miami, Nov 10 (THAINDIAN NEWS) US storm watchers say Tropical Storm Sean is gaining speed and could become a hurricane in the next 24 hours. The storm was located between the US East Coast and Bermuda. Boston and Long Island will both receive massive rainfall in the next 24 hours because of the storm.
The U.S. National Hurricane Center in Miami says the storm is gathering momentum and was traveling at a maximum speed of 65 mph on Wednesday.
The Center explained that “Sean is expected to produce 1 to 3 inches of rain on Bermuda.” The statement warned that the storm that will result from the storm could be “life-threatening surf and rip currents.”
Sean is the 18th named storm in the Atlantic hurricane season 2011. The US officials estimate that by the time that it will reach the shores of Bermuda, the storm will have weakened. The storm is currently being tracked as US officials assure Americans that the storm might not pose any danger to the country.
A weather forecaster, Joey Picca, from Upton, New York told reporters that, “Most areas toward New York City won’t see too much rain.”
The storm is expected to pass in few days.
- Hurricane Katia strengthens into a major category four hurricane - Sep 06, 2011
- Bermuda on alert as Hurricane Leslie approaches - Sep 07, 2012
- Tropical storm Jose spotted in Bermuda - Aug 29, 2011
- Tropical storm Cindy moving away from land - Jul 21, 2011
- Tropical storm Gert to hit Bermuda - Aug 15, 2011
- Hurricane Katia weakens to category 3 storm - Sep 06, 2011
- Tropical Storm Jose passes west of Bermuda - Aug 29, 2011
- Bermuda cancels tropical storm warning as Gert turns to the northeast - Aug 16, 2011
- Tropical storm Tomas forms southeast of Barbados, could threaten Jamaica - Oct 30, 2010
- Remnants of Colin regenerate, tropical storm warning issued for Bermuda - Aug 06, 2010
- Tropical Storm Katia forms in the far eastern Atlantic, set to become major hurricane - Aug 30, 2011
- Tropical depression forms in the far eastern Atlantic, may threaten the Caribbean - Aug 29, 2011
- Tropical depression forms in the western Caribbean Sea, heads for Honduras - Aug 19, 2011
- Tropical Storm Emily forms in the Caribbean, heads for the Dominican Republic - Aug 02, 2011
- Igor slightly weakens as it aims directly for Bermuda - Sep 14, 2010
Tags: atlantic hurricane season, bermuda, boston, few days, hurricane miami, joey, long island, maximum speed, momentum, national hurricane center, new york city, picca, rain, rainfall, rip currents, storm watchers, tropical storm, upton new york, us east coast, weather forecaster