Traffic snarls in Delhi after morning rain (Lead)August 7th, 2012 - 1:26 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 7 (IANS) The Tuesday morning downpour in the national capital caused traffic snarls in several parts of the city. The met department has forecast more rain later in the day.
Traffic officials said there were jams on the Moti Bagh flyover and the road to All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
“Traffic is also slow in Laxmi Nagar, ITO, Azadpur and Kashmere Gate,” an official said.
Delhi Traffic Police posted alert updates on social networking site pages, pointing to slow vehicular movement in Mori Gate, Dhaula Kuan and Masjid Moth.
“The sky will remain generally cloudy. One or two spells of rain are likely later in the day,” said an official from India Meteorological Department (IMD).
The maximum temperature recorded Monday was 34.6 degrees Celsius, a notch above the average. Humidity remained high at 83 percent.
“The maximum and minimum temperatures will stay around 34 and 27 degrees Celsius,” said the official.
- Rains in Delhi bring down mercury, cause traffic snarls (Second Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Torrential downpour leaves Delhi in traffic snarls, chaos (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Rainy Saturday for Delhi, more showers likely (Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Season's heaviest rain halts Delhi - Aug 21, 2012
- Heavy downpour in Delhi, traffic hit (Second Lead) - Aug 25, 2012
- Rains lash capital, traffic snarls in several places - Aug 01, 2012
- Rains lash Delhi again, commuter woes continue - Sep 16, 2011
- Pre-monsoon rains in Delhi bring respite, traffic snarls - Jul 07, 2012
- Scattered rain, traffic jams in Delhi (Lead) - Sep 09, 2011
- More rain in Delhi spells chaos on city roads (Second Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Rains lash capital, more showers expected (Lead) - Sep 20, 2010
- Wet morning, more rains in store for Delhi - Sep 20, 2010
- Heavy downpour in Delhi, traffic hit (Lead) - Aug 25, 2012
- Heavy showers lash capital, traffic affected (Lead) - Aug 04, 2011
- Mercury slips after heavy rains, more rains expected (Second Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
Tags: alert updates, all india institute of medical sciences, bagh, downpour, flyover, india institute, india meteorological department, jams, kashmere gate, laxmi nagar, maximum temperature, minimum temperatures, morning rain, moth, moti, social networking site, traffic officials, traffic police, traffic snarls, tuesday morning