Tiger, gazelle skins seized in Uttar PradeshJuly 25th, 2008 - 7:07 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 25 (IANS) Four skins of wild animals, including one of a tiger and two gazelles, were seized Friday from a man who wanted to sell them here, a police official said Friday. The skins of the wild animals were brought from the Manikpur-Chitrakoot jungles, located on the Uttar Pradesh-Madhya Pradesh border.
“Virendra Singh said that he and his partner, who managed to escape during our raid, bought the skins from tribals living in the jungle,” Paresh Pandey, superintendent of police (east), told IANS.
The police seized one tiger skin, one chital (deer) skin and two skins of chinkara (gazelle) from Virender.
“We have also recovered a skull and a skin of an unidentified animal and they are being sent to the forest department officials for identification,” Pandey added.
The police have collected information about other people involved in the illegal trade, he said.
- Wild animals skins seized in Lucknow - Jul 26, 2008
- Five poachers arrested in Rajasthan - Jul 26, 2012
- Leopard skins, bear gall bladder seized in Uttarakhand - Sep 30, 2011
- Three poachers arrested with chinkara parts - Jan 28, 2012
- Probe ordered in poaching charge against army soldiers - Nov 25, 2011
- Two poachers held with spotted deer skins - May 15, 2010
- Leopard skin seized in Assam - Apr 06, 2012
- Three poachers arrested in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 06, 2010
- Birds, animals up for adoption in Haryana - Jan 06, 2011
- Winter birds flock to Shivpuri (With Images) - Jan 04, 2012
- Animals dying as water sources dry up in Rajasthan - Jun 01, 2010
- Sariska to get two Ranthambore tiger cubs - Jul 29, 2011
- 20 wild animal skins seized in Uttarakhand - Jun 04, 2010
- 17 anicuts to be built in Sariska Tiger Reserve - Feb 23, 2011
- Tiger found dead in Sariska - Nov 15, 2010
Tags: chital deer, deer skin, department officials, forest department, four skins, gazelle, gazelles, illegal trade, jungles, living in the jungle, police official, skull, superintendent, tiger, tiger skin, two skins, unidentified animal, virender, wild animals