Thunderstorm cools Delhi after scorching heat (Second Lead)May 13th, 2012 - 12:18 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 12 (IANS) Delhi witnessed thunderstorm and a drizzle Saturday evening, bringing down the temperature plunging down and providing residents respite from the scorching heat during the day. Sunday could also see stormy weather.
The temperature late Saturday evening was 25.4 degree Celsius, down from the day’s maximum of 40.3 degree Celsius, which was a notch above average, said an India Meteorological Department official. Rainfall was 1.4 millimetre.
Squalls, with velocities of 98 km per hour, were also reported.
The minimum Saturday was recorded at 25.2 degrees, average for this time of the season. Humidity wavered between a high and low of 72 and 21 percent.
The met department has forecast cloudy sky and rain in some part of the capital Sunday.
“The sky will be cloudy and lightning and rain are expected in some parts of the city,” said an India Meteorological Department official.
The maximum and minimum temperatures are likely to hover around 39 and 26 degrees, respectively.
- Thunderstorm cools Delhi after scorching heat (Lead) - May 12, 2012
- Sunny morning in Delhi, rain likely - May 13, 2012
- Pleasant day in Delhi, mercury to rise Monday (Lead) - May 13, 2012
- Hot, sunny Sunday in Delhi, rains expected Monday (Lead) - May 20, 2012
- Dust storm, light rain in parts of Delhi (Lead) - May 11, 2012
- Pleasant day in Delhi, rain expected - Apr 14, 2012
- Wet morning in capital, rains likely - Apr 17, 2011
- Warm day in Delhi, rains in store (Lead) - Apr 12, 2012
- Thundershowers lash Delhi, more rain predicted (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Pleasant morning in capital, thunderstorms likely - May 05, 2011
- Rain spells likely in Delhi - Apr 02, 2011
- Cloudy morning in Delhi, thunderstorms likely - Apr 10, 2011
- Light rains in Delhi (Lead) - Sep 02, 2012
- Dust storm lashes Delhi on season's hottest day (Second Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Sunny Sunday in Delhi, cloudy Monday likely (Lead) - May 06, 2012
Tags: cloudy sky, degree celsius, drizzle, humidity, india meteorological department, late saturday evening, lightning, minimum temperatures, New Delhi, notch, rain, rainfall, respite from, scorching heat, squalls, stormy weather, thunderstorm, time of the season, velocities