Three-year-old boy trampled to death by jumboApril 18th, 2009 - 7:24 pm ICT by IANS
Erode (Tamil Nadu), April 18 (IANS) A three-year-old boy was trampled to death by an elephant when he was riding on a two-wheeler with his father in this Tamil Nadu district, the police said Saturday.
The father-son duo were on their vehicle Friday night when a wild jumbo attacked them in Pulinjur, near here.
“As the vehicle skidded, the child fell to the ground and was trampled. The father rushed his son to a hospital but in vain,” a forest official said.
S. Najith, 3, was declared dead on arrival by doctors.
His body was handed over after autopsy to his 39-year-old father N. Samiyullah Saturday.
This textile town, situated 350 km southwest of state capital Chennai, is close to a huge forest area home for wildlife.
Repeated encroachments into forest lands have led to more human-elephant conflicts.
- Young techie trampled to death by tuskers near Bangalore - Jul 17, 2012
- One dead as two wild jumbos go berserk in Mysore - Jun 08, 2011
- Mysore's rogue tuskers whisked away to Bandipur forest - Jun 09, 2011
- Wild elephants trample man to death in Meghalaya - Apr 16, 2011
- One dead as elephants go berserk in Mysore (Lead) - Jun 08, 2011
- Wild tuskers rampage through Chhattisgarh villages, cause panic - Jun 27, 2012
- Man-animal conflict: Villagers poison elephants in Assam - Oct 25, 2009
- Tuskers trample couple to death in Bengal - Jul 11, 2011
- Elephants demolish a dozen houses in Chhattisgarh village - Jan 12, 2011
- Chhattisgarh villagers migrate as elephants run amok - Oct 08, 2010
- Wildlife guard killed by elephant - Jan 11, 2012
- Uttarakhand's killer tusker evades death - Jan 11, 2012
- Father-son duo arrested for mobile phone theft - May 20, 2010
- Wild elephant kills woman in Chhattisgarh village - Apr 11, 2009
- Eicher Motors to expand two-wheeler production - Jul 12, 2011