Three officials suspended for cutting 70 treesDecember 25th, 2010 - 1:07 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Dec 25 (IANS) Three forest officials were suspended Saturday for illegally cutting down 70 trees from the Katarniaghat forest range in Uttar Pradesh, the authorities said.”In the preliminary investigations, the three officials were found directly involved in the cutting of trees and selling of wood,” Katarniaghat Divisional Forest Officer (DFO) R.K. Singh told reporters in Bahraich, some 130 km from Lucknow.
“It’s quite challenging for us to trace the entire network of the illegal trade as a number of forest officials are believed to be involved at various levels in the trade. The enquiry is still on and several other officials could face stringent action,” he said.
According to officials, the three suspended are among the seven officials, including a sub-divisional forester, deputy rangers and foresters, who were Friday booked in connection with the illegal cutting down of sheesham and khair trees in Kakraha range of Katarniaghat forest.
The case against the seven officials were registered Friday at the Kotwali police station on the directions of Singh.
- Woman killed by tiger in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 05, 2011
- Tigress kills man in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 06, 2011
- Leopard found dead in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 27, 2011
- Tigress kills teenager in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 03, 2011
- Two injured in leopard attack - Sep 22, 2011
- Leopard kills 7-year-old boy in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 02, 2010
- Villagers vent leopard attack ire on forest officials - Apr 09, 2011
- Leopard kills girl - Oct 25, 2011
- Officials face villagers' wrath over leopard attacks - Nov 09, 2011
- Another man killed by tiger in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 08, 2011
- Tiger kills young man in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 04, 2010
- Leopard kills boy in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 27, 2010
- Leopard's carcass found in Uttar Pradesh forest - Feb 21, 2011
- 2 rail employees booked after 5 deer run over by train - Oct 25, 2010
- Three held with peacock carcasses - May 10, 2011
Tags: authorities, dec 25, enquiry, entire network, forest officer, forest officials, forest range, foresters, illegal trade, investigations, khair, police station, rangers, sheesham, stringent action, trees, uttar pradesh