Thick fog engulfs Punjab, HaryanaJanuary 20th, 2012 - 1:04 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Jan 20 (IANS) Thick fog in most places across Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh disrupted traffic movement in the region Friday as people continued to brave the chilly winter with the temperatures remaining low.
The minimum temperature in Chandigarh was 5.7 degrees Celsius. The maximum temperature recorded here Thursday was 15.1 degrees — 6 degrees below normal, the weather department said.
Narnaul was the coldest in Haryana registering a minimum of 1.5 degrees — four degrees below normal.
In Punjab, Amritsar was the coldest at 2.5 degrees. Ludhiana recorded a low of 4.5 degrees and Patiala 4.6 degrees Celsius.
Some places saw very thick fog, the official said.
“I could not drive my car in the morning as nothing was visible on the road,” said Nitin Sahni, a resident of Mohali near Chandigarh.
- Mercury dips again in Punjab and Haryana - Feb 14, 2012
- Fog returns in Chandigarh, mercury below normal - Jan 12, 2011
- Panjab, Haryana face fog chaos - Dec 27, 2010
- Chandigarh welcomes bright sun, chill remains - Jan 11, 2011
- North India reels under severe cold, dense fog (Roundup) - Jan 20, 2012
- Air, rail, road traffic hit in Punjab, Haryana - Jan 06, 2011
- Night temperatures rise in Punjab and Haryana - Feb 10, 2012
- Dense fog in Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh - Dec 29, 2010
- Amritsar coldest at 2.5 degrees, cold wave sweeps Punjab - Dec 25, 2010
- Dense fog engulfs Punjab, Haryana - Jan 10, 2011
- Sun shines over Chandigarh, flights may resume - Jan 07, 2011
- Fog, overcast skies in Punjab, Haryana - Dec 28, 2010
- Cold wave sweeps across Haryana, Punjab - Jan 03, 2011
- Amritsar reels at minus 0.2 degree - Dec 31, 2011
- Dense fog shuts Chandigarh airport for fifth day - Jan 09, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,