The india’s talent showJuly 1st, 2008 - 8:04 pm ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
TV channels geared up for an all new season of music-based reality shows, promising new superstars year after year, the past winners have faded into oblivion, unable to live up to the hype generated by these shows.
“Talent rarely plays a defining role in the end results. The real talent gets eliminated for reasons not related to singing,” Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy says.
“The shows promise creating superstars but instead produce singers who end up doing stage shows,” Noorani adds.
The country’s first Indian Idol Abhijeet Sawant enjoyed his moments of fame with `Mohabbatein Lutaunga (Aapka Abhijeet Sawant) and Marjawa Mitjawa (Aashiq Banaya Aapne) but then disappeared.
Debojit saha and Aneek Dhar (winners of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa challenge 2005 and 2007 respectively) and Ishmeet Singh (winner of Star Voice of India 2007) hardly found any mention after the shows were over.
Music-director Aadesh Shrivastava, who will be seen as a judge in Zee’s Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2009 says, “The winner in these shows are not the best of singers. Hence they rarely get opportunities in Bollywood. It is the other talented but lesser known contestants of the show who have fared better.”
The music director-singer Shankar Mahadevan, who will also tutor students for Sa Re Ga Ma Pa challenge this season says, “We are not looking out for a winner in reality shows as the person may not necessarily be the best singer.”
He also includes, “Bollywood is always scouting fair talent and the show succeeds in throwing up talented people like Nihira Joshi and Raja Hassan.”
“The shows provide contestants a platform where they get to learn from the bigwigs of the industry. They understand what is Required of them to make it big in the industry,” he adds.
- Feature: Where is Sa re ga ma pa challenge? - Mar 19, 2010
- Aditya Is Back To Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, Daler Mehndi To Judge - May 28, 2010
- Small town India makes it big - via reality TV - Nov 03, 2011
- Ghulam Ali to perform at 'Sa Re Ga..' finale - Dec 24, 2010
- India-Pakistan rivalry gets new battleground - reality TV - Jan 25, 2012
- Kids should get sugar-coated criticism: 'Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li'l Champs' judges - May 25, 2011
- Zee TV launches new season of music reality show - Aug 04, 2010
- Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Finalists Keep Themselves Open To Plan B! - Dec 24, 2010
- SRK's promotional drive on small screen - Oct 02, 2011
- New Indo-Pak music show shoot shifted to Dubai - Jan 23, 2012
- 'Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012' returns with new twists - Sep 12, 2012
- Composers bring out the best in singers: Sajid-Wajid - Jun 15, 2010
- Indian, Pakistani singers to battle it out on 'Sur-kshetra' - Dec 21, 2011
- Hero Honda Sa Re Ga Ma To Return In New Form - Aug 05, 2010
- Musical extravaganza with Mega Challenge - Oct 27, 2009