Temperature rises in HimachalApril 8th, 2010 - 12:42 am ICT by IANS
Shimla, April 7 (IANS) Mercury continued to rise across Himachal Pradesh Wednesday with the maximum temperature recorded at between one to eight degrees Celsius above the average. Shimla saw a high of 26.6 degrees Celsius, eight notches above the average.
“Temperature increased across the hill state due to lack of rain or snow,” Manmohan Singh, director of the meteorological office here, told IANS.
He said Shimla’s maximum temperature was eight degrees Celsius above the average for this time of the year. It rose by 2.6 degrees from Tuesday’s 24 degrees Celsius.
While Kalpa in Kinnaur recorded a maximum temperature of 22.2 degrees Celsius, it was 35.2 degrees Celsius in Sundernagar in Mandi district, 33.8 degrees in Bhuntar in Kullu district and 30.8 degrees Celsius in Dharamsala, the venue for the Indian Premier League (IPL) cricket matches April 16 and 18.
The Met department predicts dry weather Thursday.
- Temperatures soar across Himachal - Jun 12, 2012
- Heat wave continues in Himachal hills - Jun 17, 2012
- Hot weather continues in Himachal hills - Jun 30, 2012
- Temperature rises in Himachal - Jun 12, 2010
- Temperature on the higher side in Himachal - May 02, 2010
- Himachal hills simmer at over 40 degrees Celsius - May 14, 2010
- Shimla's temperature six degrees above average - Apr 04, 2010
- Temperatures rise across Himachal - Mar 21, 2010
- Rains cool Himachal, hailstorms predicted - May 22, 2011
- Heat wave continues in Himachal - Mar 28, 2010
- Shimla records highest temperature in six years - May 27, 2010
- Shimla, Manali get snowfall, mercury dips (Lead) - Feb 16, 2011
- Summer sun scorches Himachal Pradesh - Apr 17, 2010
- Shimla gets warmer - Jun 19, 2012
- Warm day in Himachal Pradesh - May 14, 2011
Tags: average temperature, celsius, cricket, district 33, dry weather, himachal pradesh, ipl, kalpa, mandi district, manmohan, manmohan singh, maximum temperature, mercury, meteorological office, notches, premier league, rain, shimla, venue