Temecula Fire Destroys 12 StructuresSeptember 20th, 2009 - 6:50 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Temecula, Calif, Sep 20, (THAINDIAN NEWS) According to sources, about 12 structures and several vehicles were reportedly destroyed by a wildfire that broke out at the Riverside County on Saturday, thereby forcing the firefighters to take control of the situation. According to the authorities, the wildfire that broke about just before 4 p.m. on Saturday in the Cleveland National Forest situated at the east of Temecula burned more than 300 acres and 12 structures. The fire officials are yet to disclose whether the destroyed structures were residential homes or not, the county fire Captain Fernando Herrera said.
The officials reportedly evacuated the residents who reside near the Vail Lake Resort situated at the southeast of Temecula. According to the sources, as many as 250 firefighters were deployed to the area in order to battle the blazing fire. The latest developments regarding the issue says that the fire has been contained by about 50 percent. “Things are looking very favorable at this point. It’s not burning anywhere near as rapidly as it had been,” said Herrera. According to the sources, one person who is yet to be identified, suffered minor smoke inhalation and therefore was treated at the spot itself.
According to the sources, the evacuated homes were situated along Highway 79. An evacuation center was also set up at Great Oak High School in Temecula. On the other hand, on Saturday, as the temperature plunged up and winds picked up in Southern California, the officials reportedly decided to deploy air crews to drop “fire redundant” on the segments of the massive wildfire that had burned for 24 days at the North of Los Angeles.
- Texas battles new wildfires as extreme drought continues - Sep 02, 2011
- Wildfires ravage Russian villages - Apr 21, 2012
- WildFire Engulfs Parts Of Palmdale, Hundreds Evacuated - Jul 30, 2010
- Wildfire burning west of Temecula, California - Jul 03, 2009
- Herriman Wildfire Burns More Than 300 Acres Of Land, Evacuation Continues - Sep 20, 2010
- Over 1,200 firefighters battle New Mexico's largest ever wildfire - Jun 04, 2012
- State of Emergency declared as Arizona wildfires burn over 200,000 acres - Jun 07, 2011
- 1,300 homes destroyed in Texas wildfire - Sep 09, 2011
- Wildfire Near Tehachapi Burns More Than 30 Homes - Jul 28, 2010
- Brush Fire Erupts Near Thousand Oaks - Sep 28, 2010
- Arizona Cops Detain Man In Connection With Flagstaff Wildfire - Jun 20, 2010
- Emergency declared in Russia as wildfires kill 12 - Jul 31, 2010
- Lytle Creek Fire Burns Down Three Homes - Oct 04, 2009
- California wildfire rages, only 5 percent contained - Sep 02, 2009
- Firefighter hurt while battling Mathura blaze - Dec 18, 2010
Tags: air crews, authorities, blazing fire, cleveland national forest, county fire, dey, fire captain, fire officials, firefighters, riverside county, segments, smoke inhalation, southern california, vail lake resort, wildfire