Tamil Nadu floods: Rs.2 lakh for victims’ kinNovember 8th, 2011 - 8:43 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Nov 8 (IANS) Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa Tuesday announced a compensation of Rs.2 lakh for the families of the seven people killed in floods in Tiruppur district a day earlier.
She also ordered the supply of kerosene, 10 kg rice, free saris and dhotis and a cash assistance of Rs.1,000 to the affected families.
In a statement issued here, Jayalalithaa said 2,110 people have been lodged in ten makeshift shelters in the district, where heavy rains flooded the Noyyal river Monday.
She added that Rs.200,000 will be paid to families of all the 44 people killed in this season’s northeast monsoon rains in the state.
- Over 200 dead in Tamil Nadu as rains abate - Dec 07, 2010
- Karunanidhi announces Rs.100 crore relief package - Nov 30, 2010
- Over 300 killed, 6 million affected in Pakistan floods - Sep 18, 2011
- Tamil Nadu celebrates Republic Day (Lead) - Jan 26, 2012
- Jayalalithaa visits cyclone-hit Cuddalore - Jan 04, 2012
- Floods recede in northeast; thousands still in shelters - Jul 02, 2012
- Jayalalithaa seeks more compensation for landslide victims - Nov 14, 2009
- Mamata announces compensation for Bengal flood deaths - Aug 17, 2011
- UN calls for over $350 mn to help flood-hit Pakistan - Sep 20, 2011
- 2.5 mn Pakistanis need flood aid - Oct 02, 2011
- Pakistan floods: Toll rises to 412 - Sep 25, 2011
- Animal attack victims in Tamil Nadu to get higher relief - Aug 17, 2011
- Lightning kills eight in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 29, 2011
- EU to provide Rs.200 million for flood relief - Oct 13, 2011
- Roof collapse in northern Pakistan kills 5, injures 3 - Sep 05, 2012