Taj city fogged out, traffic movement affectedJanuary 18th, 2012 - 3:47 pm ICT by IANS
Agra, Jan 18 (IANS) This Taj city was Wednesday morning enveloped in a thick blanket of fog, reducing visibility to a few metres which affected traffic movement. The minimum temperature was recorded at 7.2 degrees Celsius.
Similar weather conditions are likely to continue Thursday and the minimum temperature is expected to fall, the weather office said.
The day temperature Tuesday fell to 14.8 degrees Celsius as icy winds forced people to stay indoors. The maximum temperature Monday was 21 degrees.
Dense fog affected tourists coming from Delhi as vehicles slowed down. “This leaves tourists with less stay time in Agra and they are forced to drop one or two monuments,” tourist guide Ved Gautam told IANS.
Trains too were delayed.
Children had a tough time reaching schools in the morning by cyclerickshaws, autorickshaws and bicycles. “The district authorities should have extended the vacations. Kids are having such a tough time going to school,” said a homemaker.
- North India reels under cold onslaught (Roundup) - Jan 18, 2012
- Agra shivers at 0.6 degrees - Jan 09, 2011
- North India shivers, fog hits rail traffic (Roundup) - Dec 26, 2011
- Taj city fogged out, commuters hit - Jan 05, 2012
- MCD schools to be closed Saturday due to cold - Jan 20, 2012
- Thick fog in Delhi disrupts road, train services (Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- The chill returns to Agra - Feb 18, 2012
- Six more die in UP, two in Rajastan as winter freeze spreads (Roundup) - Jan 04, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh shivers as mercury plummets - Dec 19, 2011
- Fog, icy winds make Delhiites shiver - Jan 17, 2012
- Thick fog, nippy winds in Delhi - Dec 29, 2011
- Agra fogged out, records season's lowest - Dec 19, 2011
- Sunny morning brings relief to Agra - Jan 23, 2012
- Fog affects 47 trains (Lead) - Dec 29, 2011
- Fog, chilly winds envelop capital, traffic hit (Second Lead) - Jan 20, 2012
Tags: bicycles, dense fog, district authorities, gautam, homemaker, leaves, maximum temperature, minimum temperature, monuments, thick blanket, tourist guide, tourists, traffic movement, trains, vacations, visibility, weather conditions, weather office, wednesday morning