Superstar Mohanlal booked for possessing elephant tuskJune 14th, 2012 - 10:22 pm ICT by IANS
Kochi, June 14 (IANS) Eleven months after Income-Tax department officials searched superstar Mohanlal’s houses here, a case has been registered against him for keeping an elephant tusk at his home, said a Kerala forest department official Thursday.
The Kodanad forest office, under which the Kochi town falls, filed documents related to the offence before Perumbavoor Judicial Magistrate Thursday.
The case against the actor was registered by the forest department Tuesday under the Wildlife Protection Act 1972.
Apart from the superstar, who was listed as an accused, the forest officials also named two others in the case documents.
It was in July last year that the I-T department officials searched the houses of actors Mammootty and Mohanlal. The operation also spread to other cities where the two had houses and business interests.
At that time, Forest Minister K.B. Ganesh Kumar, Mohanlal’s friend and fellow actor in numerous Malayalam films, ruled out an inquiry into the tusk possessed by the actor.
- Income tax raids on Mammooty, Mohanlal (Third Lead) - Jul 22, 2011
- IT raids on superstars Mammootty, Mohanlal on (Roundup) - Jul 23, 2011
- Film star-turned-minister bats for Mohanlal - Jul 22, 2011
- Malayalam superstars feel heat of IT raids - Jul 23, 2011
- Mammootty, Mohanlal together have Rs.30 crore undisclosed income - Aug 12, 2011
- IT team arrives at Mohanlal's Kochi home - Jul 26, 2011
- Income tax sleuths knock at Mammooty, Mohanlal's doors (Second Lead, changing dateline) - Jul 22, 2011
- Mohanlal set for 300th film - Aug 07, 2011
- IT raids could hold more blows for Mammootty, Mohanlal - Jul 24, 2011
- Mohanlal should be stripped of honorary Lt. Colonel rank: Azhikode - Jul 22, 2011
- Malayalam actors body raises monthly pension for veterans - Jun 26, 2011
- Malayalam superstar Dileep attends tax department bash - Jul 25, 2011
- Mammootty, Mohanlal bag Asianet film awards yet again - Jan 01, 2011
- Comedian Innocent elected AMMA president for fifth time - Jun 24, 2012
- Malayalam actor denies his film mocks superstar Mohanlal - Jan 22, 2012
Tags: business interests, case documents, department officials, elephant, elephant tusk, fellow actor, forest minister, forest office, forest officials, ganesh, income tax department, judicial magistrate, june 14, kerala forest department, kochi, malayalam films, mammootty, mohanlal, offence, wildlife protection act