Sun shines in Delhi but rains expectedJuly 9th, 2010 - 11:34 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 9 (IANS) Delhiites Friday experienced a bright and sunny morning but weather officials forecast thudershowers later in the day.
The capital recorded a minimum temperature of 28.8 degrees Celsius, a notch above the average. Humidity was recorded at 78 percent.
The met office at Safdarjung recorded 0.7 mm of rainfall since Thursday night. The capital has so far received 116.2 mm of rain, 23 percent more than the average for this season.
“Skies will remain partly cloudy with possibility of rains or thundershowers in some parts of the city. The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 36 degrees,” an official of the India Meteorological Department said.
- Muggy Sunday morning in Delhi, rains likely - Jul 22, 2012
- Pleasant morning in Delhi, rains in store - Jul 28, 2011
- Rains lash Delhi, traffic snarls follow (Lead) - Aug 23, 2011
- Pleasant day in Delhi, rains expected (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- Muggy morning in Delhi - Jul 20, 2012
- Delhi has a breezy Tuesday (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Cloudy day in Delhi, light showers expected - Jul 28, 2012
- Sunny morning in Delhi, showers expected - Sep 03, 2012
- Humid, cloudy day in Delhi, rains expected Thursday (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Sun shines over Delhi, but rains likely - Sep 24, 2010
- Humid Monday morning for Delhi - Aug 06, 2012
- Sultry morning in Delhi, rains likely - Aug 27, 2012
- Cloudy, hot Tuesday in Delhi, rains in store (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Rainy day for Delhi - Jul 31, 2012
- Rains likely in capital - Jun 18, 2011