Sudden spell of rain lifts mood in DelhiMarch 27th, 2009 - 9:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 27 (IANS) A sudden spell of drizzle in some parts of the national capital lifted the mood of its residents as many people took time off from work to enjoy the pleasant weather that the Met department said would last for a few days.
According to an official of the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD): “The sudden showers were because of the western disturbances over the northern regions of the country.”
“The city can experience more rain in the next few days. The sky was cloudy Friday and it is expected to continue for some days to follow,” the Met department official added.
For many like Dev Sharma, the sudden change in the weather proved to be a good excuse to get off early from work and go on a long drive or to the parks.
“It’s a perfect weather to be outdoors. I called some of my friends after work and we all decided to go on a long drive and eat in an open, roadside dhaba en route. Needless to say, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves,” Sharma said.
Others like Rashmi Jain decided to stay indoors and watch the light rain through the window.
“It’s a beautiful weather and I was dying to get back home fast and curl up with a book and a cup of coffee while hearing the light pitter-patter of the rain on the roof,” Jain said.
The minimum temperature recorded Friday was 18.3 degrees Celsius and the maximum temperature was 28.7 degrees Celsius.
- It's coolest April in Delhi (Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- Showers lash Delhi, good weather to continue (Third Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- It's coolest April in Delhi, good weather to continue (Second Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- Rains at last in Delhi - Jul 27, 2012
- Sunny morning in Delhi, rain likely - May 13, 2012
- Cloudy day in Delhi, light rains expected - Jul 27, 2012
- Delhi enjoys coolest June 10 in four years (Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Drizzle, mild snow in Himachal hills - Jun 02, 2012
- Drizzle Saturday evening gives Delhi respite (Second lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Pleasant day in Delhi, mercury to rise Monday (Lead) - May 13, 2012
- Shimla sizzles, rain forecast - May 11, 2012
- Pleasant morning in Delhi, rain in store - Apr 12, 2012
- Muggy Wednesday, no rain likely till Friday (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Thunderstorm cools Delhi after scorching heat (Lead) - May 12, 2012
- Light drizzle cools Delhi (Lead) - Apr 12, 2011
Tags: change in the weather, cup of coffee, degrees celsius, drizzle, excuse, few days, indian meteorological department, jain, light rain, maximum temperature, minimum temperature, New Delhi, northern regions, patter, perfect weather, rain on the roof, showers, sky, spell of rain, sudden change