Students to get free entry to national parks in Madhya PradeshOctober 2nd, 2008 - 7:49 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Oct 2 (IANS) School children and BPL card holders in Madhya Pradesh will be given free entry into the national parks across the state during the Wildlife Week which started Wednesday, state Forest Minister Vijay Shah said. Shah made the announcement at a function at Van Vihar National Park here Thursday, an official release said.
Shah said several competitions will be held during the week to spread awareness about wildlife in the young generation and encourage the habit of conservation of forests among them, it said.
The minister hoped that students participating in various painting competitions, being held during the week, will be able to send the message of wildlife and forest conservation more effectively through their creative work.
Urging the students to welcome their guests with plants instead of flowers as plants inspire others to live, Shah also announced that the students securing first, second and third positions in the contest will be taken on the tour of national parks in the state free of cost.
Principal Chief Conservator of Forests P.B. Gangopadhaya said through the Wildlife Week, efforts are being made to seek cooperation of various sections of the society in the conservation of forests and wildlife.
- Action against fake poor in Tripura - Jul 31, 2012
- Bhopal zoo to get 10th Royal Bengal Tiger - Apr 26, 2011
- Two orphaned rhinos from Kaziranga to be released in Manas - Mar 10, 2012
- Assam to get strict against forest exploiters - Apr 18, 2012
- The flower that paints Himachal red and pink (With Images) - Apr 01, 2011
- Great Himalayan National Park vies for World Heritage status - Jun 13, 2012
- Jairam insists on more forest cover for India - Jun 05, 2011
- Assam's one-horned rhino population rises by 250 - Apr 09, 2012
- Assam floods: Park rangers work non-stop to safeguard wildlife - Jun 29, 2012
- Punjab to plant over one crore saplings this monsoon - Jun 27, 2011
- Assam wildlife group protests removal of rhino's horn - Mar 25, 2012
- Endangered pheasant species multiply in Himalayan park (With Image) - May 08, 2012
- It's greens versus government in Karnataka (Bangalore Newletter) - Jul 05, 2011
- Assam floods: Central team starts to assess damage - Jul 10, 2012
- Three tiger cubs spotted in Ranthambore - Jun 29, 2012