Stray dogs kill child in Uttar Pradesh villageMarch 7th, 2009 - 11:41 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, March 7 (IANS) In the second such incident in the last 10 days, a five-year-old girl died after a pack of stray dogs bit her in an Uttar Pradesh village Saturday, police said.
The incident took place in Kajipur village within the city limits of Meerut, some 400 km from here.
“The dogs attacked Ishu while she was playing in a ground. They chased the girl and pounced on her. The dogs bit the girl all over the body and she died before she could be taken to the hospital,” police inspector Subhash Chandra told IANS on telephone.
About 10 days back, a five-year-old boy Anuj was killed by stray dogs in the same village, police said.
Angry over the death of the girl, villagers assaulted civic officials who went to catch the dogs after the incident, police said.
“The villagers roughed up the municipal corporation officials and also targeted their vehicles with sticks,” Chandra said.
District Magistrate Kamini Chauhan then reached the spot and assured the villagers that necessary steps would be taken to control the menace.
“Stray dogs killing the second child is really a shocking and unfortunate incident. We will take necessary measures, including sterilisation of dogs to check their population,” Chauhan told reporters in Meerut.
- 'Civic bodies moving dogs to undisclosed locations' - Oct 06, 2010
- Dog bite kills two in Andhra Pradesh - May 26, 2011
- Police prevent novel anti-stray dogs protest in Srinagar - Jul 11, 2012
- Four-year-old student mauled by stray dog - Jan 26, 2012
- Dogs kill Pakistani girl - Nov 28, 2010
- Leopard strays into Nashik colony, attacks three - Mar 26, 2012
- Lucknow's civic body gnashes teeth against stray dogs - Aug 26, 2010
- Two arrested for murder - Feb 03, 2011
- Srinagar's 'dogged' problem giving nightmares - Feb 13, 2011
- Dogs maul girl to death in Haryana - Apr 27, 2012
- Dogs' day out in Delhi, sterilisation in a fix - Aug 02, 2010
- Girl thrown off roof, another killed for 'honour' (Lead) - May 09, 2010
- Morning tea kills five - Feb 16, 2012
- Sterilise, don't kill stray dogs, Udita tells officials - May 27, 2010
- Gurgaon ropes in NGOs to sterilise stray dogs - Aug 28, 2009
Tags: anuj, city limits, civic officials, corporation officials, district magistrate, necessary measures, necessary steps, old girl, police inspector, population, pounced, sterilisation, stray dogs, subhash chandra, unfortunate incident