Storms sweep US midwestApril 15th, 2012 - 6:40 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, April 15 (IANS) Over a dozen storms have swept through the US midwestern states, causing minor damage to property, the met office said.
The region was battered by 17 tornadoes Saturday, with only minor damage being reported, Xinhua reported quoting the CNN. Severe storm warnings have been issued for the weekend.
The weather service warned of a “high risk” of severe thunderstorms Sunday in parts of Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas and Oklahoma. Storms have damaged a hospital in Iowa.
The Greater Regional Medical Centre in Creston was damaged by a severe storm Saturday, and it was evacuated. No serious injuries or fatalities have been reported.
The tornado season in the US started early this year. Tornadoes have caused over 50 deaths in the Midwest and Southern states since the beginning of this year.
- 32 killed as tornadoes rip US (Third Lead) - Mar 04, 2012
- 28 die as tornadoes rip US (Second Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- 25 killed as tornadoes hit US - May 23, 2011
- Heavy storm moving toward US East Coast leaves 17 dead - Apr 17, 2011
- Three dead in US storms - Sep 08, 2012
- Tornadoes sweep through south US, 17 dead - Apr 16, 2011
- 12 dead, three mn hit by China storms - Jul 14, 2012
- Tornadoes kill 14 in US (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- 4 killed in Branson Tornado - Feb 29, 2012
- Storms leave nearly 300 as dead in southern US (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- 13 die as fresh tornadoes hit three US states - May 26, 2011
- US tornado toll reaches 38 - Mar 04, 2012
- Severe weather ravages Florida airport, several injured - Apr 01, 2011
- Storms leave 100,000 without power in Michigan - May 31, 2011
- Over 1.8 mn go 'powerless' in US for fourth day (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,