Some Delhi areas see rain (Second Lead)April 21st, 2012 - 1:02 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 20 (IANS) Light rainfall was reported from some areas of Delhi Friday night as it turned cloudy towards evening after a sunny morning. Strong winds and rain has been forecast Saturday.
The day saw the maximum temperature reaching 37.5 degrees Celsius, a notch above average.
“Trace rainfall has been recorded in some areas and similar weather is likely on Saturday, with partly cloudy skies and possibility of light rain or thunder in some areas, accompanied with strong winds. The maximum and minimum temperature are expected to be 35 and 24 degrees Celsius respectively,” an official at the India Meteorological Department told IANS.
The minimum temperature Friday was 24.8 degrees Celsius, three notches above average.
The maximum humidity recorded was 56 percent while minimum was 29 percent.
Thursday’s maximum and minimum temperatures were both a notch above average at 36.7 and 21.7 degrees Celsius, respectively.
- Cloudy end to a sunny Friday in Delhi (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- Hot morning in Delhi, clear day ahead - Apr 21, 2012
- Warm and humid day in Delhi, rain likely (Lead) - Apr 19, 2012
- Sunny Saturday in Delhi, cloudy Sunday expected (Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Pleasant day in Delhi, light rain expected Saturday (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Sultry morning in Delhi, rain likely - Sep 09, 2012
- Bright day in Delhi, thunder storm expected - May 11, 2012
- Sunny Sunday morning in Delhi, wet evening likely - Sep 02, 2012
- Drizzle in parts of Delhi, muggy Tuesday likely (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Hot Wednesday morning in Delhi - Jun 27, 2012
- Cloudy day for Delhi, rain likely (Lead) - Feb 04, 2012
- Dust storm, light rain in parts of Delhi (Lead) - May 11, 2012
- Sunny day in Delhi, thunderstorm expected - May 12, 2012
- Muggy morning in Delhi, light rains likely - Jul 24, 2012
- Thursday may be cloudy in Delhi (Lead) - May 11, 2011
Tags: cloudy skies, friday night, humidity, india meteorological department, light rain, light rainfall, maximum temperature, minimum temperature, minimum temperatures, New Delhi, notch, strong winds, sunny morning, three notches, weather