Snow, rain bring down mercury in HimachalMay 12th, 2012 - 9:45 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, May 12 (IANS) Temperatures across Himachal Pradesh fell slightly Saturday after snow and rains in some parts. More showers have been forecast.
Shimla recorded a maximum of 24 degrees Celsius, down from Friday’s 25.4 degrees.
Kalpa, a picturesque town 250 km from here, recorded a maximum temperature of 19.4 degrees Celsius. It was 30.4 degrees in Dharamsala and 33.6 degrees in Nahan.
“The higher reaches of Lahaul and Spiti, Chamba and Kinnaur districts have been experiencing mild snow since Friday night,” a Met official said here.
He said hail storms are likely to occur at some places in Chamba, Hamirpur, Mandi, Kangra, Kullu and Shimla districts Sunday.
- Shimla, Manali get snowfall, mercury dips (Lead) - Feb 16, 2011
- Himachal towns get snow after 35 years (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- Severe cold in Himachal, rain disrupts flights - Feb 15, 2011
- More rain, snowfall forecast for Himachal - Feb 14, 2011
- Severe cold in Himachal, snowfall disrupts flights (Lead) - Jan 15, 2011
- Mild snowfall in Shimla, Manali - Mar 08, 2012
- Avalanche threat in Himachal - Jan 16, 2012
- Snow in Manali hills, tourists happy on 11.11.11 - Nov 11, 2011
- Manali wrapped up in white blanket - Dec 10, 2011
- Snow, rain continue in Himachal - Feb 14, 2012
- Himachal may get more snow - Apr 20, 2012
- More snowfall, rain in Himachal - Feb 16, 2011
- Himachal hills, valleys receive more snow, rains - Jan 15, 2011
- Himachal may experience heavy snow, rain - Mar 01, 2011
- Snowfall continues in Himachal hills - Jun 02, 2011