Six die as rains lash Pakistan provinceSeptember 2nd, 2011 - 3:40 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Sep 2 (IANS) At least six people, including three children, were killed as incessant rains lashed different parts of Pakistan’s Sindh province Friday.
The downpour, which continued unabated Friday morning in various districts of Sindh, inundated low lying areas, reported Dawn.
Three children died and two were injured when the roof of a house collapsed in a village in Shikarpur district.
Five people, including three children, were hurt in another roof collapse incident.
Two people died in Kashmore area, where many houses collapsed.
One person was killed and three were injured in other incidents triggered by rains.
In some areas, strong winds uprooted several trees and electricity poles.
- 17 killed as rains create havoc in Pakistan - Sep 09, 2012
- 16 dead in Pakistan rains - Aug 12, 2011
- Heavy rains kill nine in Hyderabad (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Heavy rains kill nine in Hyderabad - Jul 21, 2012
- Heavy rains kill nine in Hyderabad, many colonies submerged (Second Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Heavy rains kill 11 in Bihar - Sep 26, 2011
- 36 killed in heavy rains in eastern Uttar Pradesh - Sep 26, 2011
- Rain kills 46 in Pakistan - Sep 10, 2012
- Six killed in Maharashtra downpour (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Torrential rains in Maharashtra - Sep 03, 2012
- Roof collapse in northern Pakistan kills 5, injures 3 - Sep 05, 2012
- Seven killed as rains lash Punjab - Aug 13, 2011
- Heavy monsoon rain kills at least 18 in southeast Pakistan - Aug 13, 2011
- Rains affect 1.4 mn people in Pakistan - Aug 23, 2011
- Dust storms kill 10 in Pakistan - Jun 06, 2012