Six dead due to hot weather in USJuly 8th, 2012 - 12:52 am ICT by IANS
Washington, July 7 (IANS) Six people have died due to hot weather in a county in Illinois state in the US, officials said Saturday.
The six people — two Thursday and four Friday — died in Cook County, of which Chicago city is the county seat, Xinhua reported.
At least 10 more people have died to heat-related causes, and medical officials investigating the deaths.
Chicago witness three consecutive days of temperatures crossing 100 degrees Fahrenheit (37.7 degrees Celsius) this week.
- Heat wave bakes US, dozens dead - Jul 08, 2012
- 24 die due to US heat wave - Jul 23, 2011
- America sizzles as heat wave hits East Coast - Jul 07, 2010
- Sunstroke toll rises to 36 in Odisha - Jun 12, 2012
- Over half a million still without power in US - Jul 06, 2012
- Temperatures soar across Himachal - Jun 12, 2012
- Rains bring respite from scorching heat in north India (Roundup) - May 29, 2010
- Sunny, clear day in Delhi, similar weather Friday (Lead) - May 03, 2012
- Heat grips Shimla too (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Sunny Wednesday in Delhi (Lead) - May 02, 2012
- Shimla's temperature 6 degrees above average - May 29, 2012
- Heat wave continues in Himachal hills - Jun 17, 2012
- Temperatures reach 52 degrees Celsius (125.6 Fahrenheit) in Iraq - Aug 02, 2011
- Australians experience hottest new year since 1900 - Jan 04, 2012
- Another searing day for Delhi - May 31, 2012