Showers bring brief respite in AgraJune 2nd, 2012 - 6:00 pm ICT by IANS
Agra, June 2 (IANS) Welcome showers Saturday afternoon brought the temperature down by a few notches in the Taj city that had been reeling under intense heat wave conditions for the past one week. The mercury touched 47 degrees Celsius Thursday.
“The showers have come as a timely respite, howsoever short-lived,” said tourist guide Ved Gautam.
The rain lasted for around 20 minutes in the city.
The thunder showers have cooled the city for the moment, but it does not look like a lasting relief, said environmentalist Ravi Singh.
- Sunny morning brings relief to Agra - Jan 23, 2012
- North India gets brief relief on a less hot day (Roundup) - May 20, 2011
- Warm and humid day in Delhi, rain likely (Lead) - Apr 19, 2012
- Heavy showers hit Taj city - Aug 21, 2012
- Breezy morning gives Delhiites some respite - Jul 04, 2012
- Rain, storm lashes Delhi ahead of monsoon's formal arrival (Second Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- Taj city lashed by heavy showers - Sep 10, 2012
- Agra finally gets rains - Jul 26, 2012
- Agra heat fails to deter tourists - Jun 21, 2010
- More rains add to Agra's woes - Sep 17, 2012
- 42 killed in Uttar Pradesh storms, rains cool north India (Roundup) - May 21, 2011
- Rain brings cheer to Agra farmers - Jul 30, 2012
- West UP farmers upbeat after monsoon rains - Sep 01, 2012
- Taj city fogged out, commuters hit - Jan 05, 2012
- Sunny morning in capital, rain likely - Jun 23, 2012