Shimla wrapped up in white blanket againFebruary 24th, 2011 - 1:29 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Feb 24 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh’s capital Shimla and its nearby tourist spots Thursday woke up to a white sheet of snow, turning the hill stations more picturesque. The minimum temperature recorded here was 0.8 degree Celsius.This was the season’s fourth snowfall that froze the “Queen of Hills”, as Shimla was fondly called by the British.
According to a Met department official, Shimla recorded 3.2 cm of snow early Thursday. The minimum temperature fell by 4.2 degrees Celsius from Wednesday’s temperature.
Nearby tourist spots like Kufri, Fagu and Narkanda also experienced moderate spells of snowfall.
Other picturesque tourist resorts Manali in Kullu district and Dalhousie in Chamba district experienced mild snow.
“High-altitude areas of Lahaul and Spiti, Chamba, Mandi, Kullu, Kinnaur and Shimla districts have been experiencing moderate to heavy snow since Wednesday,” the official said.
He said there are chances of more rainfall and snowfall in the state till Feb 26 as western disturbances would remain active in the region.
- Himachal towns get snow after 35 years (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- Snowfall drapes Dharamsala, Shimla in white - Jan 07, 2012
- Heavy snow in Himachal, tourists stuck (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Manali wrapped in white again - Jan 05, 2012
- It's snowing Valentine's fun in Himachal - Feb 13, 2012
- Shimla, Manali get more snowfall (Lead) - Feb 26, 2011
- Snow, rain continue in Himachal - Feb 14, 2012
- Himachal shivers with more snowfall - Jan 26, 2011
- More snow in Shimla, Manali (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Fresh snowfall drapes Shimla in white - Feb 26, 2011
- More snow in Himachal, high alert in state (Lead) - Jan 15, 2012
- More snow, Shimla records season's lowest temperature - Jan 09, 2012
- Severe cold in Himachal, snowfall disrupts flights (Lead) - Jan 15, 2011
- Mild snowfall in Shimla, Manali - Mar 08, 2012
- Snowfall continues in Himachal hills - Jun 02, 2011