Shimla, Dharamsala record wettest JuneJune 29th, 2008 - 9:07 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, June 29 (IANS) Two popular tourist destinations of Himachal Pradesh have received record rainfall in June. While Shimla town received over 542 mm of rainfall since June 1, Dharamsala in Kangra district recorded 772 mm rainfall.
Director of the Met office Manmohan Singh told IANS Sunday that the previous record of highest rainfall (516 mm) in Shimla in June was in 1970, while for Dharamsala, it was 635 mm in 1966.
During the past 24 hours Shimla received 10 mm of rainfall, while Dharamsala recorded 40 mm, he said.
He said the present trend of moderate to heavy rainfall would continue for the next 24 hours in the state.
- Rains bring down temperatures in Himachal - Jul 05, 2012
- Monsoon finally arrives in Himachal (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- It's snowing Valentine's fun in Himachal - Feb 13, 2012
- Monsoon active again in Himachal - Sep 03, 2012
- Monsoon revives in Himachal, still 50 percent deficit - Jul 25, 2012
- Hundreds of tourists stranded in Himachal Pradesh - Aug 20, 2012
- Warming Himachal hills portend rains? - Jul 03, 2012
- Himachal towns lashed by heavy rains - Jun 30, 2011
- Dry weather in Himachal, temperature rises - Jul 03, 2011
- Himachal gets drenched - Jul 07, 2012
- Himachal's Keylong sees season's heaviest snow - Mar 05, 2012
- Avalanche threat in Himachal - Jan 16, 2012
- Rains trigger landslides in Himachal - Jun 17, 2011
- Heavy rains lash Chandigarh, surrounding areas - Jun 18, 2011
- Himachal has season's first snowfall - Aug 13, 2011