Shark attacks tourist in MexicoFebruary 2nd, 2011 - 9:30 am ICT by IANS
Cancun (Mexico), Feb 2 (IANS/EFE) A Canadian tourist was seriously injured when a shark attacked her off a beach in Cancun resort city in Mexico, officials said.The emergency management office said the 38-year-old woman was attacked Monday when she was riding a water bike with other tourists off the Park Royal Hotel.
The woman was rescued by her companions, who took her ashore and called an ambulance that took her to hospital.
Lifeguards and marine patrol officers are on alert while red warning flags have been placed along the beach to let swimmers know that a shark is in the area, officials said.
- Mexican cop kills three fellow officers, then self - Dec 15, 2010
- Russian woman rescued from drowning in Goa - Jan 31, 2011
- Eight killed in fire-bombing in Mexico - Sep 01, 2010
- Belgian car thieves, victims meet on Spanish beach - Sep 30, 2011
- Ex `Survivor' producer arraigned in Mexico for wife's murder - Feb 16, 2012
- 15 cops suspended for making suspect perform striptease - May 25, 2011
- South African beach dubbed world's deadliest - Jan 16, 2012
- Shark kills surfer at Australian beach - Sep 04, 2011
- Argentine ex-spy accused of sex trafficking - Jan 31, 2012
- Six mutilated bodies found in Mexico - Jun 08, 2010
- Tourist dies in an Egyptian shark attack - Dec 06, 2010
- Mexican city Cancun is big revenue earner - Apr 22, 2010
- Seven killed in Mexico violence - Jan 23, 2011
- Goa's lifeguards call off strike, get back to beaches - Dec 11, 2010
- Cruise giant to invest over $150 mn in Mexico - Mar 16, 2012
Tags: ambulance, canadian tourist, cancun mexico, companions, efe, emergency management office, feb 2, flags, lifeguards, marine patrol officers, mexico cancun, mexico officials, old woman, park royal hotel, shark attacks, swimmers, tourists, water bike