Searing day, no rains for DelhiJuly 1st, 2012 - 11:46 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 1 (IANS) The searing heat continued in the capital Sunday with the minimum temperature settling four notches above average at 31.4 degrees Celsius. With no rains expected, the weather office has forecast a partly cloudy, scorching day in store.
“The skies will be partly cloudy but there is no forecast of rain… The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 43 degrees,” said an official of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
Monsoon missed its scheduled date with the capital June 29 as the monsoon winds were not advancing from Uttar Pradesh.
The IMD, however, said that rains are expected to lash the capital soon.
“Rains are expected any day after July 3,” said the IMD official.
Saturday’s maximum temperature was six degrees above normal at 42.4 degrees, while the minimum temperature shot four degrees above normal at 31.5 degrees Celsius.
- Delhi has another hot day, rains expected Sunday (Lead) - Jun 23, 2012
- Scorching day in store for Delhi - Jun 30, 2012
- Scorching Saturday in Delhi, no respite Sunday (Lead) - Jun 30, 2012
- Breezy morning gives Delhiites some respite - Jul 04, 2012
- Hot day for Delhi, light rains expected - Jul 02, 2012
- Unrelenting heat in Delhi, no respite Friday (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Pleasant day in Delhi, mercury to rise Monday (Lead) - May 13, 2012
- Cloudy day in Delhi, rains expected Sunday (Lead) - Jul 14, 2012
- Delhi reels under searing heat, monsoon delayed (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- Delhi continues to swelter, monsoon likely after July 3 (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Heat keeps grip on Delhi, schools vacations extended (Lead) - Jul 01, 2012
- Rains lash Delhi, more likely Saturday (Lead) - Jul 13, 2012
- Sunny morning in capital, rain likely - Jun 23, 2012
- Muggy Sunday morning in Delhi, rains likely - Jul 22, 2012
- Hot morning in Delhi, rains expected - Jun 01, 2012
Tags: four degrees, india meteorological department, india meteorological department imd, july 1, june 29, maximum temperature, minimum temperature, monsoon winds, New Delhi, notches, rain, six degrees, uttar pradesh, weather office