Searching for cannabis, British cops come across alligatorJune 20th, 2012 - 11:41 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 20 (IANS) A group of British policemen, raiding a house in a town for cannabis, were shocked to find an alligator in the bathroom.
The deadly reptile was up to 8 feet long and was discovered wriggling and snapping in a bath when officers swooped on the house after uncovering a cannabis factory at a nearby property, The Sun reported.
It is believed that the alligator had been bought from a dealer and taken to the three-bedroomed house in Runcorn town, Cheshire county.
Officers also found a King Cobra, three monocled cobras and a rattlesnake while searching the reptile dealer’s shop in the neighbouring Warrington town.
Wildlife officers and specialist reptile handling staff had to be brought in to deal with the live animals.
- Britain's most expensive Caravan sold for 550,000 pounds - Jan 15, 2011
- Alligator chomps off hand that fed it - Jul 30, 2012
- British woman grows cannabis to pay for boob job - Mar 29, 2012
- 7-Feet Long Gator Found In A Tampa Middle School - Jun 08, 2010
- Alligator found in a Brampton home backyard - May 24, 2012
- UAE breeds world's first Arabian cobra in captivity - Aug 07, 2011
- Craig, Weisz to buy $11.5 mn home - Jan 14, 2012
- Man charged after losing hand to alligator - Jul 30, 2012
- Rattlesnake rodeos change - Apr 22, 2010
- Smallest town in US up for sale - Apr 05, 2012
- Alligator attacks police car - May 04, 2011
- Alligator captured from NY yard - May 19, 2011
- Teen's baggy pants save him from gator bite - Apr 07, 2011
- No proposal to allot CWG flats to VIPs: DDA - Dec 06, 2010
- 'Punish Thane man for illegally possessing snakes' - Apr 11, 2012