Rashtrapati Bhavan green initiative gets new logo (With image)May 30th, 2012 - 6:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 30 (IANS) The Rashtrapati Bhavan’s sustainability initiative - Roshni Prachodaya Society (Roshni) - Wednesday got a new logo selected by President Pratibha Patil.
The logo, created by a class nine student from Jammu and Kashmir, and was among 3,276 entries submitted by schoolchildren across India.
Created by Robin Singh, a student of Kendriya Vidyalaya Border Security Force (BSF) School, Bandipore, the logi depicts a combination of a house and a tree. Robin Singh will receive a cash reward of Rs.10,000 at a felicitation ceremony at Rashtrapati Bhavan on World Environment Day on June 5.
A special encouragement prize was given to Vibhu Prakash, a class 4 student in Air Force School, Subroto Park.
“As many as 10,480 schools were contacted, thereby sensitizing an estimated 10.48 million students, and approximately 31 million members of their familes,” Christy Fernandez, ecretary to the president and head of the jury that shortlisted the entries, told IANS.
A total of 455 schools responded with 4,081 registrations and 3,276 final entries, which will open for public viewing from May 31 to June 2.
India@75, a grassroots initiative for realizing the dream of an “inclusive, sustainable and developed India by 2022″, signed a MoU with Roshni in September 2011, and the logo competition was the first activity under the collaboration.
“The children were inspired to create a logo which encapsulated Roshni’s core aims of environmental management, empowerment of local communities and the creation of eco-friendly, sustainable urban habitats,” said an India@75 official.
“We are overwhelmed to see the impact of our school outreach programme with Roshni and the response it has generated. Children are at the core of our future, and so it is important to engage them in a way that is creative and different, inspiring them to become responsible citizens of tomorrow”, said Rajan Nawani, chairman, India@75 national committee.
- Rashtrapati Bhavan's green initiative to get new logo - May 27, 2012
- President Patil felicitates Roshni logo contest winner (With image) - Jun 05, 2012
- Youths must be sensitised about environment: President - May 30, 2012
- Assam governor launches green project - Jun 05, 2012
- Rashtrapati Bhavan: Viceregal lodge to India's presidential abode - Jul 24, 2012
- President's green initiative to be replicated by builders - May 19, 2011
- New logo for Indian audit and accounts department - Nov 10, 2010
- President's Estate recognised for green effort - Jul 25, 2010
- Gardens, Halwa and Business - Prince Charles' first day in India (Second Lead) - Oct 02, 2010
- Record numbers visit Udyanotsav at Rashtrapati Bhawan - Mar 21, 2012
- President enrolls into National Population Register - Jul 06, 2012
- Kashmiri students meet president - Aug 25, 2012
- New Big Ten Logo Turns Out To Be A Failure - Dec 14, 2010
- Delhi set to turn off lights for Earth Hour - Mar 26, 2011
- Postage stamp on Rashtrapati Bhavan released - Aug 05, 2011
Tags: 31 million, border security force, cash reward, grassroots initiative, jammu and kashmir, logi, logo competition, outreach programme, president pratibha patil, public viewing, rajan, rashtrapati bhavan, realizing the dream, responsible citizens, robin singh, school outreach, schoolchildren, sustainability initiative, urban habitats, world environment day