Rains lash Delhi, more likely TuesdayAugust 13th, 2012 - 9:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 13 (IANS) Heavy rains lashed Delhi Monday bringing down the maximum temperature to season’s average of 33.2 degrees Celsius. The met department has forecast more showers for Tuesday.
“Sky will remain generally cloudy. One or two spells of rain are likely in some areas Tuesday,” an official from the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
“Maximum and minimum temperatures will stay around 34 and 26 degrees Celsius, respectively,” added the official.
The rainfall recorded till 5 p.m. Monday was 14.5 mm, with the rains bringing down the mercury by two degrees from Sunday’s maximum of 35.2 degrees Celsius.
The minimum temperature recorded was 26.8 degrees Celsius, average for the season. Humidity stood at a whopping 95 percent.
- Windy morning in Delhi, rains expected - Aug 13, 2012
- Rainy Tuesday for Delhi, more likely Wednesday (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Heavy rains expected in Delhi - Aug 14, 2012
- Rains bring down mercury in Delhi, more likely (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Warm day in Delhi, rain likely - Sep 01, 2012
- Warm and humid day in Delhi, rain likely (Lead) - Apr 19, 2012
- Breezy morning gives Delhiites some respite - Jul 04, 2012
- Rainy Saturday for Delhi, more showers likely (Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Cloudy day in Delhi, showers ahead - Sep 08, 2012
- Pleasant day in Delhi, mercury to rise Monday (Lead) - May 13, 2012
- Cloudy morning in Delhi, heavy showers likely - Jul 13, 2012
- Sporadic rains in Delhi, more likely (Lead) - Aug 26, 2012
- Drizzle in parts of Delhi, muggy Tuesday likely (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Pleasant day in Delhi, showers expected - Jul 09, 2012
- After cloudy Thursday, rain likely (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
Tags: heavy rains, humidity, india meteorological department, india meteorological department imd, maximum temperature, mercury, minimum temperature, minimum temperatures, New Delhi, rain, rainfall, showers, sky, spells