Rains lash Delhi, more likely Saturday (Lead)July 13th, 2012 - 8:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 13 (IANS) Facing a mostly humid day, Delhi residents had a cool end to Friday with rains lashing most part of the city. Heavy rains are also likely in some parts Saturday.
In this monsoon season, the capital has recorded 71.9 mm of rain so far.
The maximum temperature Friday was 36.2 degrees Celsius, one notch above average, while the minimum temperature was also a notch above average at 27.4 degrees. Humidity wavered between a high of 92 and low of 58 percent.
The weather department has forecast heavy rains Saturday in some parts of the capital.
“The clouds will be generally cloudy and a couple of rain spells is expected in parts of the capital. Some areas may also see heavy rains,” said an official of India Meteorological Department.
The maximum and minimum temperatures are likely to hover around 35 and 27 degrees respectively.
- Rains bring respite, problems for Delhi residents (Second Lead) - Jul 13, 2012
- Cloudy day in Delhi, rains expected Sunday (Lead) - Jul 14, 2012
- Dust storm, light rain in parts of Delhi (Lead) - May 11, 2012
- Sultry Monday for Delhi, rains likely Tuesday (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- Rain lashes Delhi, provides relief from sultry weather (Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Hot, humid Saturday in Delhi, rains expected Sunday (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Sultry Friday in Delhi, no rain again (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- No rains in Delhi Thursday, likely Friday (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Delhi has another hot day, rains expected Sunday (Lead) - Jun 23, 2012
- Light rain for Delhi Sunday, heavy showers likely Monday (Lead) - Aug 19, 2012
- Delhi witnesses another hot day (Lead) - Sep 14, 2011
- Breezy day in capital, rains expected Saturday (Lead) - Sep 07, 2012
- Delhi sees season's hottest day, rain likely Friday (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Hot Saturday in Delhi, mercury to rise further Sunday (Lead) - May 19, 2012
- Cloudy morning in Delhi, heavy showers likely - Jul 13, 2012
Tags: clouds, delhi residents, heavy rains, humidity, india meteorological department, maximum temperature, minimum temperature, minimum temperatures, monsoon season, New Delhi, notch, rain, spells, weather department