Rains cool Himachal, hailstorms predictedMay 22nd, 2011 - 8:58 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, May 22 (IANS) Rains brought down temperatures in Himachal Pradesh Sunday by three to four degrees Celsius, the weather department said here.
The department has forecast hailstorms with strong gusty winds with speeds reaching 40 to 50 km per hour at some places in Solan, Bilaspur, Mandi, Shimla and Sirmaur districts till Monday.
Shimla and nearby areas saw moderate rain early Sunday morning. “The entire state saw a good spell of rain, bringing the temperatures down considerably,” Manmohan Singh, director of the meteorological office here, told IANS.
Shimla, which recorded 8 mm rain, saw a maximum temperature of 22 degrees Celsius against Saturday’s high of 27 degrees Celsius.
Mandi town recorded the highest rainfall of 64.2 mm in the state.
Sundernagar in Mandi district recorded a maximum temperature of 31.6 degrees Celsius, while it was 30.6 degrees Celsius at Bhuntar in Kullu district and 19.5 degrees at Kalpa in Kinnaur district. The day temperature at Dharamsala in Kangra district stood at 31.6 degrees Celsius.
On Saturday, Sundernagar recorded a maximum temperature of 35.4 degrees Celsius, Bhuntar 34.4 degrees Celsius, Kalpa 21.5 degrees Celsius and Dharamsala 33.2 degrees Celsius, an official said.
- Heat wave continues in Himachal hills - Jun 17, 2012
- Rains bring down temperatures in Himachal - Jul 05, 2012
- Temperatures soar across Himachal - Jun 12, 2012
- Dry spell raises temperatures in Himachal hills - Jul 18, 2012
- Mercury below freezing point in Himachal after snowfall - Oct 23, 2010
- Evening showers cool Shimla - May 30, 2011
- Temperature on the higher side in Himachal - May 02, 2010
- Temperature plummets in Himachal after rain (Lead) - May 07, 2010
- Rains cool Himachal Pradesh, thundershowers forecast - Jun 14, 2010
- Severe cold in Himachal, rain disrupts flights - Feb 15, 2011
- Temperature rises in Himachal Pradesh - Jan 21, 2011
- Rain brings cheer to tourists in Himachal - Jun 06, 2012
- Temperature rises in Himachal - Apr 08, 2010
- Heat wave continues in Himachal - Mar 28, 2010
- Shimla, Manali get snowfall, mercury dips (Lead) - Feb 16, 2011
Tags: bilaspur, dharamsala, early sunday morning, four degrees, gusty winds, himachal pradesh, kalpa, manmohan, manmohan singh, maximum temperature, meteorological office, moderate rain, nearby areas, rainfall, spell of rain, temperatures, weather department